[GEKKO] :: APM Linux server

Jesus Febres

Apr 27, 2022, 1:39:25 PM4/27/22
to apmonitor
Hi all,

I am trying to install the APM server in my personal Linux machine as I would like run Gekko optimization locally using IPOPT (to reproduce what I have in my personal Windows machine). My idea is to use "remote=True, server='http://127.0.0.1'".

I have followed APMonitor site instructions:
Apache and PHP are working property. But not success at running Gekko as not server is reached from Python.
I suspect the problem is that the git repo does not include the shared libraries required by IPOPT. Is that correct? If so, any other version of the APM server files I can use?

On the other hand, I found a potential solution:
It seems that Gekko "sees" the APM server. However, I get this error:
    Exception:  @error: Horizon Allocation
     ARX next horizon not associated
     See file horizon.txt
I guess the problem is that the Server files from the link are not updated.

(P.S. I tried following the instruction from the README file but all the link point to Windows installation videos)

Anybody who may help?

Bests, J

John Hedengren

Apr 27, 2022, 2:30:26 PM4/27/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com

The apm version in the archive https://github.com/APMonitor/apm_server was v0.8.5. I just upgraded the versions to v1.0.2. The latest versions can also be found in the Gekko archive (bin folder). Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

John Hedengren

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

Jesus Febres

Apr 30, 2022, 5:39:49 PM4/30/22
to apmonitor
Hi John,

Many thanks for your reply.

Indeed, it helps me.
However, I am still unable to use IPOPT. I suppose it is not included in the bin files.
I wonder if there is any chance (apologies if my request is rude) to get the executable with it included (for the linear solver, MUMPS would work for me).

Bests, J

John Hedengren

Apr 30, 2022, 6:03:30 PM4/30/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
The IPOPT solver is available with remote=True on all platforms and also with remote=False on Windows. Unfortunately, I can’t distribute IPOPT local versions for other OS because those are compiled with linear solvers that need a license. Good luck with your application!

John