a general question

Tony Huerlimann

May 9, 2022, 11:08:58 AM5/9/22
to apmonitor
I discovered APmonitor recently and my question is: there is gekko a Python lib for model specification, but there is also another language "Model .... End". Are these two alternatives to specifying models? and why are there two? I did not find explanation on why some examples are in gekko and some others in that modeling language.
Thanks for a link to find some explanation
Tony Hèrlimann

John Hedengren

May 9, 2022, 11:15:24 AM5/9/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
Great question. Gekko is a front-end interface to APMonitor. You can see the APMonitor model in the folder m.path or by opening the run directory with m.open_folder() - open the file gk0_model.apm

I discovered APmonitor recently and my question is: there is gekko a Python lib for model specification, but there is also another language "Model .... End". Are these two alternatives to specifying models? and why are there two? I did not find explanation on why some examples are in gekko and some others in that modeling language.
Thanks for a link to find some explanation
Tony Hèrlimann

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.
Message has been deleted

John Hedengren

Jun 12, 2022, 8:26:45 AM6/12/22
to APM Google Groups
Dear Aisa,

Some of the courses (https://apm.byu.edu/prism/index.php/Site/OnlineCourses) offer certificates of completion. We've partnered with AIChE and Udemy to offer the courses with a certificate such as:
There are additional courses coming soon. We offer course credit for BYU for those who are enrolled as students. All the material is freely available for those who self-study or join the course remotely as a partnership with their university. Students learn online and receive credit from a course listed at their university. I have this arrangement with the University of Utah and typically have 6-15 students take the course each time it is taught. The next online, remote Dynamic Optimization course will be offered Jan-Apr 2023: https://apmonitor.com/do/

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
John Hedengren

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 6:12 AM Aisa Bello <aisa....@bath.edu> wrote:
hi John,

Hope you are well. I have been following videos and tutorials on your website since last year. How can I earn certificate of course completion as a non BYU student?

Thank you,
Aisa

--
Best regards,

John Hedengren
GEKKO Optimization Suite

John Hedengren

Jun 12, 2022, 8:31:18 AM6/12/22
to APM Google Groups
Aisa,

Here is a coupon code to join the Udemy Data Science course (free): https://www.udemy.com/course/python-data-science-with-tclab/?couponCode=718BC141CE2526FAD58B

The code is available for 1000 registrations so feel free to share it with others. If you don't have a TCLab device for the exercises then use "TCLabModel()" whereever "TCLab()" is used in the code.

-John Hedengren
Message has been deleted