APM Matlab installation error (windows)

S2042556 STUDENT

Dec 29, 2021, 8:26:05 AM12/29/21
to apmonitor
Dear Prof John,

I have installed the APM Matlab and I followed all the instructions given in your videos. However, when I run the test file I get this error as below

Unrecognized field name "x".
Error in hs71 (line 11)
z = sol.x;

May I know how to fix it?

Thanks in Advance
Emad Abdullah

John Hedengren

Dec 29, 2021, 9:01:39 AM12/29/21
to APM Google Groups
Emad,

If you got the files from MathWorks File Exchange, it may be an old version. Please retrieve the latest version from: https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/MATLAB

Also, check that the run directory is correct after you have unzipped the archive:
image.png

What version of MATLAB are you using? It may not work with versions earlier than 2014b.

-John Hedengren

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

Best regards,

John Hedengren
GEKKO Optimization Suite

Emad Abdullah

Dec 30, 2021, 7:29:45 AM12/30/21
to apmonitor
Dear Prof. John,

First, Thank you for your response I really appreciate it. and sorry for not explaining my question.

I wanted to install the APM Matlab server for windows and I have followed all the instructions given in your videos as the link below
https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/APMonitorServer

I am using Matlab 2021a, windows 10.

 I have downloaded the latest version of APM Matlab as the given link by you
and when I run the hs71 I get this which is not running like when I run it online

ans =

Results

results =

  struct with fields:

     names: {1×7 cell}
    values: []
      nvar: 0

thanks in Advance
Best Regards
Emad

John Hedengren

Dec 30, 2021, 7:50:35 AM12/30/21
to APM Google Groups
Emad,

There is likely a problem with the Apache webserver install or PHP for solution processing. Could you check http://127.0.0.1/ip.php or http://localhost/ip.php? These should show you the IP address 127.0.0.1 in a web browser if the server is installed correctly. If there is a problem with the server installation, please follow these instructions: https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/APMonitorServer

image.png
I recommend staying with the external server if you have problems with the local install.

-John Hedengren

sijo augustine

May 5, 2023, 7:45:11 PM5/5/23
to apmonitor
Hello Emad,

Have you discovered any solutions for this error? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Thanks
Sijo