windows 64bit release?

Zhongyan Luo

Aug 3, 2022, 8:30:33 AM8/3/22
to apmonitor
any release for win 64bit without 4GB memory limit?

John Hedengren

Aug 3, 2022, 11:28:31 AM8/3/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
The remote option for cloud computing and the MacOS and Linux distributions are all 64 bit. There is no definitive timeline for a new windows local executable but I will put a message out to the group once it is available. If you need to run the client on a windows computer, you could install a Linux server to compute locally. https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/APMonitorServerLinux This may also run on windows subsystem for Linux (WSL), but I haven't tried it yet. If the model is using over 4 GB, there are typically ways to reduce that by converting constants to regular floating point numbers and parameters to numbers as well.

John Hedengren
Department of Chemical Engineering
Brigham Young University

any release for win 64bit without 4GB memory limit?

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

Zhongyan Luo

Aug 4, 2022, 11:12:24 AM8/4/22
to apmonitor
Hi John,

Thanks for the message. So the APM windows server still has the limit of 4GB memory, right? I will try the Linux version.

Leo

John Hedengren

Aug 4, 2022, 11:18:40 AM8/4/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
That is correct - only the ARM, Linux, and MacOS versions of the local
executable are 64-bit. That also applies to the Windows and Linux
servers.

-John Hedengren

--
Best regards,

John Hedengren
GEKKO Optimization Suite
https://machinelearning.byu.edu

Zhongyan Luo

Jan 24, 2024, 1:11:21 PMJan 24
to apmonitor
Hi John,

Does GEKKO have  a new release for win 64bit without 4GB memory limit now?

Thanks,
Leo

John Hedengren

Jan 24, 2024, 2:21:41 PMJan 24
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
The newest release of Gekko will have an interface to AMPL solvers so 64-bit solvers such as IPOPT can be used through that interface in any OS. There is a new aarch64 64-bit local executable for ARM devices to supplement the 32-bit arm executable. There still isn't a new release of the Windows 64-bit local executable, but 64-bit is available for MacOS, Linux, and aarch64 (ARM).

-John

Zhongyan Luo

Jan 26, 2024, 2:12:10 PMJan 26
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Thanks for your update. Please let us know when win-64 version is available.

Leo

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "apmonitor" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apmonitor/CAGNFaLE3buanRmyNBevJLvP%2BPe-drD1PhggQ7Yc0QynC7Bz7%2BA%40mail.gmail.com.