OpenTaste

J. Trent Adams

Aug 11, 2008, 9:46:06 AM8/11/08
to APML.Public.General
APMLers -

Has anyone in this distribution been involved in the work on the
OpenTaste specification being promoted by Strands?

http://www.opentaste.net/technical.html

They seem to be taking an interesting approach, and I'd be interested
in connecting with them to see how we can work together.

- Trent

---
J. Trent Adams
=jtrentadams

About: http://www.mediaslate.org/jtrentadams/
Follow: http://twitter.com/jtrentadams

Pfefferle

Aug 11, 2008, 10:12:41 AM8/11/08
to APML.Public.General
Nice Idea.

+1

Chris Saad

Aug 11, 2008, 11:12:09 AM8/11/08
to apml-...@googlegroups.com
I've spoken to the team and Strands about OpenTaste - they are keen to maintain APML support at the core and pure APML as an import/export option from their platform.

Also there was talk about having the data covered by OpenTaste defined as APML extensions.

Chris
--
Chris Saad

FaradayMedia - For Audiences of One
Particls - Are You Paying Attention?
Engagd - The Open Attention Platform
Media 2.0 Workgroup - Social, Democratic, Distributed
APML - Your Attention Profile
DataPortability - Connect, Control, Share, Remix

J. Trent Adams

Aug 11, 2008, 12:01:35 PM8/11/08
to APML.Public.General
Chris -

That's excellent. Do you have any contacts over at Strands we could
tap with questions?

It'd be great to cross-pollinate.

Also, has anything been written up (lately) on the proposed structure
for APML extensions? I'm curious about the current state of thinking
on that front.

Thanks,
Trent

Paul Jones

Aug 11, 2008, 12:17:15 PM8/11/08
to apml-...@googlegroups.com
Also, has anything been written up (lately) on the proposed structure
for APML extensions?  I'm curious about the current state of thinking
on that front.

The intent is to follow something similar to the XMPP Extension methodology, whereby extensions are maintained in a centralised catalogue, and can follow tracks such as standards and experimental.

Paul.