Greetings from AgileBoise

Jason Dean

Nov 9, 2009, 2:01:21 PM11/9/09
to apln-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send out an email thanking everyone for their
attendence and participation at our last Agile Workshop and to let you
know that we will be having our Monthly Agile Roundtable Luncheon
tomorrow (Tuesday Nov 10) to which everyone is invited.

Regarding the workshop, I would like to send a big thank you to all
the presenters who gave us some great intoductory information from
leadership and engineering perspectives. None of the presenters were
paid, and in fact they paid for their dinner as well. Thanks guys for
your commitment to our community. Also, I'd like to give a big thank
you to Rob Anson and BSU for graciously providing the use of the
facility, it met our needs wonderfully. Also thank you very much for
those of you who helped out in planning, organizing, and setting up
for the event.

We would really appreciate your feedback from the session. If you have
a few minutes would you mind helping us understand how to serve you
better and make the next workshop even more useful? We'll also draw a
name out of the respondants who leave their name for a pair of movie
tickets (otherwise feedback is anonymous). Thanks!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Dudmg7OxssXuX1saF5T05w_3d_3d

For those of you who have not yet received their receipt for the
workshop, I am still in the process of getting them done, we had some
mix ups in the payments but are getting that straightened out. Thanks
for your patience, sorry it's taking me longer to get this done.

Regarding our monthly Roundtable, it is a no host lunch at the Red
Lion downtowner restaurant (see www.AgileBoise.org Events section for
more information). We discuss topics related to Agile, Lean, XP, TDD,
and more. We'd love to have you join us! Please check out the
AgileBoise.org website for more information. If you'd like to attend
I'd really appreciate an RSVP to me letting me know so I can reserve
the appropriate amount of space.

This week our agenda is as follows:
• Discuss membership benefits, dues, and structure
• Discuss goals of our group
• Discuss an opportunity someone has at work that the group can offer
advice and support for.
• Other topics?

FYI - Current group goals:
• Promote the adoption of Agile in our area
• Provide training opportunities for Agile practitioners and learners
• Establish Community Partnerships (BVEP, ISEA, Universities/Colleges,
Businesses adn Business Groups, KickStand, Boise Code Camp & Tech
Fest)
• Raise the level of visibility of our local user group (workshops,
conferences, presentation at national events)
• Intern Program

Thanks again! Let us know how we can better serve you as we move
forward with workshop number 2!

Jason

Scott Schimanski

Nov 11, 2009, 10:13:09 AM11/11/09