AgileBoise presents the first Agile Workshop - Reaching New Heights!

Jason Dean

Sep 23, 2009, 3:27:20 AM9/23/09
to apln-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

The local chapter of the Boise APLN group, AgileBoise.org, has put
together an Agile Workshop Series and you're invited to attend!

This purpose of this workshop series is to present the principles and
possibilities of Agile software development and management. Our goal
with the first workshop is to introduce Agile from a Leadership as
well as Engineering perspective for those new to Agile. Presenters
will discuss Agile concepts and relate how different companies in the
Boise valley have used it successfully to deliver real business value!
Upcoming workshops will provide progressively more information and
depth into various aspects of Agile and its use. I encourage you to
come and join us for a great afternoon of learning and connecting to
the Agile community in Boise.

Brochure available online at http://tinyurl.com/agileboise-wk1

AgileBoise Workshop Series: Workshop One - "Reaching New Heights"
- When: Thursday October 29th 2009 from 2:00 to 6:30 pm
- Where: BSU Student Union Building, Hatch AB Ballroom
- Cost: $20! (Including Fajita Dinner, please RSVP by Oct. 7th to
agile...@gmail.com)

If you have been thinking about using Agile, or are just getting
started, this workshop and series will be an excellent local training
and learning opportunity. Come hear how companies have increased their
capacity/efficiency by hundreds of percent! For those of you who
already have experience with Agile or are using it now, you will enjoy
hearing experience reports from companies such as HP, Healthwise, and
the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. These are real leaders in
real businesses who know the pressures and expectations of product and
service delivery. They will tell their story and you will benefit!

The speakers for the first workshop will include:

Bret Dodd: R&D Director, at Hewlett Packard
Sterling Mortensen: President at Applying Lean and former HP Manager
Ken Long: VP, Quality and Services at Healthwise
Scott Schimanski: QA Manager at Healthwise
Randy Ashton: Senior IT Project Manager, Dept. of Health and Welfare
Ryan Fullmer: Sr. Project Manager, and Bureau Chief, Dept. of Health and Welfare

Additional Details:
- Pay at the workshop or through PayPal at
http://tinyurl.com/agileboiseworkshop (Please still RSVP)
- View and send out the Brochure on the AgileBoise.org website (see
events section)
- Contact agile...@gmail.com for questions
- Brochure available online at http://tinyurl.com/agileboise-wk1

Lastly, we would really appreciate your HELP IN BROADCASTING THIS
EVENT to your own contact list. We have kept the price of this event
very low, and it even includes dinner! If you use Twitter to broadcast
the event please use this string:

#AgileBoise Workshop 1 - Reaching New Heights! Oct 29, Boise ID,
Contact agile...@gmail.com @AgileBoise

Thank you for your interest and support! We look forward to serving
you through this event and through other upcoming AgileBoise
Workshops.

Jason Dean
AgileBoise Coordinator
agile...@gmail.com