To Agile Members--Interested in helping helping BSU class apply SCRUM?

Rob Anson

Jan 10, 2011, 11:38:41 AM1/10/11
to apln-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I teach a Senior Project capstone course in Information Systems at Boise State, in which student teams work on real projects for real clients.  I usually have 2-4 IS professionals in to be consultants for the teams, and am looking for a couple more people to help out.  Are you interested?

Last year we switched over to Scum for the students to manage their projects.  So the only "teaching" is helping them get up to speed quickly on SCRUM practices--it is predominantly informal feedback, ideas, how to think through it or approach obstacles.  Jason Dean was a great help last year as a consultant (Hi Jason!), as was Raj, and Candice and Craig Sweigart.  This time no one is around so I need a fresh crew.

We meet Tuesday nights on campus, from 6-9.  I'm looking for people who can commit to coming most evenings for part of that time.  Need to be able to coach students using SCRUM, as well as technical, analyst, client management, communication, etc. skills.  And lots of flexibility and patience.

It is always interesting and you will have a chance to deal with a wide variety of types of projects, situations, misunderstandings, and new ways of seeing things.

If you are interested please let me know ASAP.  We start up next Tuesday--yes I've very behind this year.

Rob

--
Dr. Rob Anson
Information Technology and SCM