decoding AndroidManifest.xml

marekdef

Jan 14, 2011, 4:12:21 AM1/14/11
to apktool
Hi Guys,

I would swear I have used apktool to get readable
AndroidManifest.xml.
Now when I am decoding i.e. apktool d -f --keep-broken-res
EmailTests.apk
I do not see the AndroidManifest.xml.

Is there other tool to get AndroidManifest.xml ?

I use
aapt l -a -f tmp/EmailTests.apk
to get some kind of textual representation of xml I can convert to xml
but would prefer one tool doing that in one shot.

Brut[all]

Jan 14, 2011, 4:35:29 AM1/14/11
to apk...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. could you open that apk using any zip tool and check whether there is AndroidManifest.xml in it?

BTW, you can use aapt to dump manifest only:

aapt d xmltree tmp/EmailTests.apk AndroidManifest.xml

marekdef

Jan 14, 2011, 6:54:19 AM1/14/11
to apktool
There is manifest there

unzip -t EmailTests.apk
testing: AndroidManifest.xml OK

aapt d xmltree tmp/EmailTests.apk AndroidManifest.xml

works fine

apktool d EmailTests.apk

ls EmailTests -lR | grep xml is empty

Brut[all]

Jan 14, 2011, 7:03:21 AM1/14/11
to apk...@googlegroups.com
And what about "res" directory? Is it in apk file? Which version of apktool are you using?

marekdef

Jan 14, 2011, 8:50:20 AM1/14/11
to apktool

On Jan 14, 1:03 pm, "Brut[all]" <brut.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And what about "res" directory? Is it in apk file? Which version of apktool
> are you using?

apktool-install-linux-2.2_r01-1.tar.bz2
apktool1.3.2.tar.bz2

Emailtests.apk does not have res folder. I think I have seen an issue
about that somewhere before.

apktool d -f --keep-broken-res EmailTests.apk

When I use apk tool where there is res folder it decodes xml .

Brut[all]

Jan 14, 2011, 8:59:18 AM1/14/11
to apk...@googlegroups.com
Emailtests.apk does not have res folder. I think I have seen an issue
about that somewhere before.

Yes, that's why I ask :-)

You could try to use AXMLPrinter2 or unzip other apk, replace AndroidManifest.xml by that one, zip, decode and get manifest decoded. Sorry for the inconvenience ;-)

UA Iz

Apr 8, 2014, 6:08:26 AM4/8/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com

Vào 16:12:21 UTC+7 Thứ sáu, ngày 14 tháng một năm 2011, marekdef đã viết:
Vào 16:12:21 UTC+7 Thứ sáu, ngày 14 tháng một năm 2011, marekdef đã viết:
device.png
device2.png