[Fatal Error] AndroidManifest.xml:1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

test test

Oct 12, 2016, 10:09:17 AM10/12/16
to apktool
Hi All ,

I am new to apktool .

I recently tried compiling and then recompiling with no changes made.

But i encountered the following error :

I: Using Apktool 2.2.0
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
[Fatal Error] AndroidManifest.xml:1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Copying raw resources...
I: Building apk file...
I: Copying unknown files/dir...

Did i miss a step ?

I used

java -jar apktool.jar b ./test

to decompile.

and java -jar apktool.jar d -r -f myapp.apk

to compile.

Connor Tumbleson

Oct 12, 2016, 1:55:55 PM10/12/16
to apktool
Hi,

Because you skipped resources (-r) the AndroidManifest file is still in its compiled form. Apktool is improperly trying to work with it to extract information, however it can't because it is not in XML. This is a bug set to be resolved for the 2.2.1 release.

Thanks for reporting,
Connor

yinyin li

Oct 29, 2016, 3:26:35 AM10/29/16
to apktool
I use 2.2.1 release, get the same error.