How to install apktool-2 on Linux?

Томица Кораћ

May 4, 2014, 5:57:31 AM5/4/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to install apktool-2 on Ubuntu Linux, but can't seem to make it. In the installation instructions it is said:

Installation for noobs 2.x
Linux:
Download Linux wrapper script
Download apktool-2
Unpack above files to /usr/local/bin (root)
Make sure both files are executable (chmod +x)

But I can't find a download link for the 'apktool-2' file. I've found an information about apktool_2.0.0b9 on Connor Tumbleson website and downloaded the 'apktool_2.0.0b9.jar' file from there, but I'm not sure if that's the same file as the above mentioned 'apktool-2'. In any case, if I move the linux wrapper script and the 'apktool_2.0.0b9.jar' in '/usr/local/bin' I still can't start apktool.

Can anyone provide at least a bit more thorough instruction than the one available on the project page?

Connor Tumbleson

May 4, 2014, 2:05:55 PM5/4/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com
I'm still writing documentation in preps for a 2.0 release. Its not perfected or ready yet. However, you should rename apktool_2.0.0b9.jar to apktool.jar, then it'll work. I'll add those steps in.
Message has been deleted