apktool 2.0 GA date?

Aaron D

Aug 27, 2014, 12:36:21 PM8/27/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have an idea when v2.0 will be ready?  v2.0.0b9 has been in beta since February.

Ryszard Wiśniewski

Aug 27, 2014, 1:07:15 PM8/27/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com
Connor, is there any kind of roadmap or feature list for 2.x? Or is it just: "be better than 1.x"? ;-P

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Aaron D <torgi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have an idea when v2.0 will be ready?  v2.0.0b9 has been in beta since February.

Connor Tumbleson

Aug 27, 2014, 2:00:59 PM8/27/14
to apk...@googlegroups.com
https://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/MigrationInstructionshttps://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/blob/master/CHANGES

Shows all the changes in 2.x.

Unfortunately while fixing those, I encounter more bugs. Then a new AOSP version comes out, then more bugs are reported, then regression occurs. At the end of the day its a lot of work to manage the amount of issues that come in, so progress is slow. Not to mention those two bugs I've spent more time that I can even count and I still have no viable solution. Building from source on master proves to be pretty stable if you need it now.