Setting numeric variables?

Matt Schrumpf

Sep 2, 2019, 2:33:45 AM9/2/19
to Apilio
I am trying to create and applet to have Weather Underground make a webhooks request to set a numeric variable with the value of Weather Underground's "Humidity" ingredient.  My applet is unsuccessful at setting the numeric variable in Apilio.  If I instead have Weather Underground set a string variable with the same information, I am successful.  How can I set a numeric variable?  Or any ideas why the Weather Underground applet is unsuccessful?

Philipp

Sep 2, 2019, 5:10:11 AM9/2/19
to Apilio
Hi Matt,
when had it set a string variable, what did the content of the ingredient look like? I wonder if it fails because Apilio cannot transform the data sent into a numeric.

Matt Schrumpf

Sep 2, 2019, 11:21:34 AM9/2/19
to Apilio
The string appears to be only numbers. When I view the string variable webpage (which shows all strong variables a person has created) it shows the current value as “73”.

Matt Schrumpf

Sep 3, 2019, 11:47:05 PM9/3/19
to Apilio
So the applet was finally successful today.  I had ignored it since yesterday when I created another trial applet to try sending the current temperature to a numeric variable.  Neither worked yesterday.  Both worked today.

In retrospect, I'm wondering if there was a glitch with IFTTT.  I attempted to test the applets multiple times in the past few days as I was creating them.  The check now button resulted in a banner across the web browser window saying "check complete" but it would still show that the applet had never been run.

Who knows.  But worked today.

Philipp

Sep 5, 2019, 8:47:28 AM9/5/19
to Apilio
It might have been the case that IFTTT had some issues. I also experienced some lags in the UI recently.