Check variable via web

KoleSlaw

Jan 24, 2017, 6:07:20 PM1/24/17
to Apilio
This is a really awesome tool!

Is there a way to check the value / state of a variable with a web request?

I would like to be able to do this from an arduino.

Thanks again!

pebneter

Jan 27, 2017, 10:56:55 AM1/27/17
to Apilio
Hi!

Other than checking through the web app, there is no way to do so.
I guess what you'd need is a structured output (JSON?) and the authentication via access token (instead of Google Login)?

I can put that on the feature list - would be quite easy to implement (after I have done all the other stuff in the backlog ;-)

paul...@videotron.ca

Mar 5, 2017, 10:54:36 PM3/5/17
to Apilio
I have the tool doing that: www.imsmart.tech.
Check it out.
The GetValue call is implemented but not yet documented. Email me for details.

david...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 7:41:55 AM6/5/18
to Apilio
Add me to the list of people who would love this, I'm imagining it as a call to https://apilio.herokuapp.com/[variabletype]/[variablename]/query/with_key/[key] and it returns the current value

pebneter

Jun 8, 2018, 12:34:06 AM6/8/18
to Apilio
Thanks for your vote!

ojchase

Jun 27, 2018, 2:44:42 AM6/27/18
to Apilio
If you're OK with an asynchronous response, I've come up with a workaround.  Trigger a logicblock to send the data to a webhook.  You're not really looking up the data, but you can pass it to some other applet for usage, which is pretty much the same thing in many cases.  I've sent data to phone notifications, for example.

IFTTT:
IF <Your real condition>
THEN: Webhook: Somehow trigger a logicblock.  (In my case I'm changing a variable, but directly calling it should work too.)

Apilio logicblock:
If or else (or both): Call <IntermediaryWebhook>.  Pass the data you want in the three Value fields under advanced options

IFTTT
IF <IntermediaryWebhook>, which will be receiving 0-3 values
THEN: <Your real action, which can now use those values>

Sending to a script would be harder but I bet you could still do it if   Have the data get written to something the script can look up (an email or google doc spreadsheet perhaps?).  Delays would be a bit tricky as this is still asynchronous though.

apilio iot automation

May 2, 2019, 7:31:34 AM5/2/19
to Apilio
Any luck with this?  It would be quite essential when creating a dashboard.

Philipp

May 6, 2019, 7:01:47 AM5/6/19
to Apilio
This feature hasn't made it to software yet, but as we are now ramping up the dev team, I hope we can deliver features like this in a reasonable time.
Thanks!
Philipp

Philipp

May 29, 2019, 4:40:20 AM5/29/19
to Apilio
Hi there,
we have started implementing a very early version of an API. We launched it sliently today!

Try it out and tell us what you think! Is this the right direction? Does it add value?

Cheers
Philipp

m.amjad....@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2019, 7:42:14 AM7/15/19
to Apilio
Thank you sir, this is exactly what I needed.

Ameer

Aug 29, 2019, 3:38:51 AM8/29/19
to Apilio
+1