Newbie help...... Trying to find a way to have Google home play a sound or song when a sensor is triggered.

Ed

Aug 16, 2019, 2:33:57 PM8/16/19
to Apilio
By either using Wyze sensors or Nest camera, trying to find a way to use IFTTT and Apollo have Google home and mini’s play a sound or song when motion is detected or when a contact sensor opens (ie: in a mailbox) to alert you when mail has been delivered. I have been looking through IFTTT and Apollo examples to see if anyone has done this but no luck finding anything. Not sure if this can be done , but looking for some advise or direction ... Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Philipp

Aug 19, 2019, 8:20:33 AM8/19/19
to Apilio
Hi Ed,
as far as I know, it is not possible to play a message or sound on a Google Home device (I guess also on Alexa). If you Google, you will find some workarounds that create a sound file first and then play that on a connected speaker.
But I am not aware of any service that does that for you - so you'd probably have to implement that yourself.