IFTTT

DrivingForce

Jul 11, 2019, 3:52:46 PM7/11/19
to Apilio
More of a is it just me or question

Last night all my lights kept coming on when a certain routine ran. I know its not the routine that caused the problem as it runs fine.
I have a web hooks request called b42200 basically it switches on one Lifx light to a certain colour and brightness when its dark and b42200. For some reason it wasn't just the single light that switch on it was all my Lifx lights. I have checked IFFFT but it is only that one light that should come on.

Did IFTTT/Webhooks have a funny day on 10th July or was it just me?

Cheers

Philipp

Jul 12, 2019, 12:55:53 AM7/12/19
to Apilio
I can't spot any anormal on Apilio and also did not get reports from other users.
Based on the system architecture, I would search for the cause either within IFTTT (maybe triggering too many or a wrong API method) or on LIFX (interpreting an API method wrongly).

Apilio has no clue what the web hook applets in IFTTT are connected with, let alone how many connected devices of one brand you have.

Cheers
Philipp

DrivingForce

Jul 12, 2019, 5:41:27 AM7/12/19
to Apilio
I knew it wasn't your Apilio, I found the culprit on IFTTT, deleted that specific web hook and recreated, all fine now