x-google-quota 1/min 1/hour/ 1/day 1/month

Pasha Seliverstov

Apr 9, 2021, 5:53:40 PM4/9/21
to api-gateway-users
Hi,

In this article https://cloud.google.com/endpoints/docs/openapi/openapi-extensions#quota says that "The unit of the limit. Currently only "1/min/{project}" is supported".

Do you plan to extend the quota limit to 1/hour 1/day 1/month? If Yes, when do you think it can be available?

Best regards,
Pasha

Pasha Seliverstov

Apr 26, 2021, 9:22:42 PM4/26/21
to api-gateway-users
"1/min/{project}" does it also imply that at some point it can be set per {user}?

Josh Einhorn

Apr 26, 2021, 10:36:31 PM4/26/21
to Pasha Seliverstov, api-gateway-users
In theory other entities such as "user" and other window durations could be supported, but unfortunately there are no plans on the roadmap to support this. Can you elaborate a little on what your use case is, such as what you define as a "user"? Is it some identifier found in an auth token, or some other attribute of incoming requests?

Josh Einhorn | Software Engineer | joshe...@google.com | 1-215-837-1102

Rania Mohamed

Apr 27, 2021, 10:51:21 AM4/27/21
to Pasha Seliverstov, api-gateway-users
Hi Pasha,

sorry for missing your note (Haven't seen it, must be moved to a folder, my mailbox has been a bit messy recently, sorry again :)), the quota most of the time is per project but you can for sure do a limit to the quota of the CloudEndpoint per user but it would be using the user defined metrics and in the end it would be on the level of project and per minute, so you define a user defined metrics and in it group it by the user (inquire it from the token) and then the quota will be defined using the user defined quota but again per minute per project.

I am attaching a link to an nice article talking about the different strategies you can implement for rate limiting

I am not sure we should plan to have the quota per user, could be in future per environ or tenant but not sure that we will have a quota defined per user.
Maybe you can share a bit on the needs to have API quotas per user; I am sure it will help clarifying things :).

Sorry again for the so late response, I am really sorry :).

thanks,
-rania