Support for OpenAPI Version 3

Charles Winter

Oct 16, 2020, 7:42:34 AM10/16/20
to api-gateway-users
Hello,

At the moment Endpoints and API-Gateway only support OpenAPI version 2. Are there plans to have API-Gateway support OpenAPI version 3 on the roadmap?

Thanks.

Chris Latimer

Oct 16, 2020, 9:20:47 AM10/16/20
to Charles Winter, api-gateway-users
Yes, we hope to have a preview version available in Q1 2021. We actually were hoping to have it available  as part of the initial API Gateway launch but unfortunately we had to cut it from scope to meet timeline constraints. It’s a very high priority post-GA feature and we have engineers who are actively working on it now.

Chris Latimer | Product Manager, API Management | clat...@google.com | 1-614-596-8090

Michelle Huang

Mar 29, 2021, 6:31:01 PM3/29/21
to api-gateway-users
Is there any update on this or whether an alpha/beta version has been released?

Akira Endo

May 20, 2021, 12:49:45 AM5/20/21
to api-gateway-users
+1

2021年3月30日火曜日 7:31:01 UTC+9 Michelle Huang:

Yurii Serhiichuk

Apr 20, 2022, 4:45:16 AM4/20/22
to api-gateway-users
Hey Chris,

It's Q2 2022 now and Open API 3 is not anywhere close AFAIK. Can you please share a bit of info about the progress or any private/public previews available? We're actively developing on GCP and looking at the API gateway as a solution for our APIs, but right now the Swagger format requires a lot of extra effort from our side to downgrade the whole setup.

Jofre Riba Sánchez

Apr 20, 2022, 5:30:05 AM4/20/22
to api-gateway-users
There's a feature request for this implementation: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/204211041

You can star the thread to keep updated.

Nandan Sridhar

Apr 20, 2022, 10:55:17 AM4/20/22
to Yurii Serhiichuk, David Feuer, Geir Sjurseth, api-gateway-users

Hello Yurii

Chris is no longer with Google. I've added the product managers for both Cloud Endpoints & API gateway.