Waysphere - Holonic Mapping

Miles Hingston

Mar 1, 2012, 8:05:00 AM3/1/12
to API for sharing, chris...@gmail.com
Greeting everyone,

I've recently come across this group from this post on Shareable
(http://www.shareable.net/blog/an-api-for-sharing).

I'm so inspired to see others working towards service inter-
operability. I'd like to introduce a project that my friend Chris
(chris...@gmail.com) has been conceptualizing for a while and
something which I'm looking to get involved with shortly.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Website: http://www.waysphere.com
Video introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA-mStAKLDQ

Waysphere represents a new form of social media, based on the
efficient encoding, storing and communicating of perceptions, via
multi-dimensional ‘maps’. Its interfaces allow a user to map his or
her world of ‘thoughts’ and ‘things’ holistically, creating fractal-
like structures, which can be sent over the internet. Primarily, this
is advantageous for the following simple reason: by collectively
sharing our perceptions we collectively see more. This process occurs
naturally whenever we use language to describe our environments to
each other.

As a blueprint for social perceptual mapping technologies, Waysphere
will provide a platform for a new generation of tools that will extend
our perception:

The mapping of skills and assets will allow us to see the resources
around us, which may be shared conditionally or unconditionally within
communities anywhere on the planet. Assets could be physical,
including anything from personal possessions to civil infrastructure,
or conceptual, such as ideas and blueprints.

The mapping of intentions and contacts will assist in the spontaneous
formation of collaborative groups of like-minded and like-hearted
individuals, based on shared interests and intentions. Intentions may
contain sub-intentions and sub-sub-intentions, etc., and when linked
to skills and assets form the foundation for ‘projects’.

The spontaneous or systematic mapping of ‘problems’ and associated
‘solutions’ globally will enable us to better perceive and respond to
systemic emergent crises, presently unsolvable within the consumer-
capitalist game. Solutions may include or be linked to intentions,
contacts, skills and assets.

The mapping of inter-dependence between stable interactions (‘things’)
will provide a foundation for mapping sustainability holistically. For
example, entire supply-chains could me mapped and visualised in the
context of the environment, and subsequently linked to problems and
solutions, contacts, etc.

These are just a few examples of how the technology could be
implemented, in order to empower emergent communities and alternative
economies globally. There are many other potential applications.
Perhaps most importantly though, Waysphere will also provide a means
to easily integrate existing peer-to-peer resource-sharing websites on
the internet, such as the Freeconomy, Couch Surfing, Freecycle and
many other collaborative consumption systems. Such systems will be far
more intuitive to use when accessed through a single interface.

For physical-local communities, storage of the holonic map data
(associated thoughts and things, i.e., inter-linked intentions,
contacts, skills, assets, etc.) could be hosted on servers located
within the communities they serve, and maintained by those within the
community – providing a decentralised communication infrastructure.

It has been and continues to be my intention to use Waysphere
primarily as a catalyst, to support the natural development of an
emergent (global) gift economy (EGE), resilient to the inevitable
collapse of the global ‘consumer-capitalist’ monetary-market economy
(MME). While many people appear to confuse the monetary system (MME)
with life itself, i.e., ‘time is money’, internet technology has
allowed for multiple alternatives to operate in parallel. Why limit
yourself to one system when you can use many? (see also:
http://www.metacurrency.org).

I have invited Chris to this group and look forward to reading through
other messages on here and possible collaborative efforts.

-- Miles Hingston