Re: Digest for api-for-sharing@googlegroups.com - 6 Messages in 2 Topics

Matthew Slater

Aug 15, 2012, 9:49:45 AM8/15/12
to api-for...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Pavlik
+ Expression of freedom. I am not obedient to wealthy people & employers because I do not need their wealth
+ I do what I want and what I value.
+ Living the message as an activist is much nicer than competing for funds with other groups.

On 15 August 2012 00:09, <api-for...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

    Matthew, Pavlik, why do you feel it's important to live without money?
    elf Pavlik <perpetua...@wwelves.org> Aug 14 12:05PM

    + To prove it possible by doing it starting from myself and *test pilot* current state of moneyless living possibilities.
    + To stay more realistic and don't let this man mind created fiction distract me.
    + To not participate in IMO very pathological system which functions only as long as people CHOOSE to participate in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwmM5Nb6hiE&t=26m44s
    + To stay more realistic again, if I receive food I feel grateful to people who make it possible (grow, process, transport eltc.) and look how I support their lives as well in spirit of reciprocity. Many people who buy food with money may not even realize who truly supports them and who well being they may take into account choosing what they contribute to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightened_self-interest
    + To stay honest and true to myself, once I realized that we don't have to cultivate use of this *fictionary* system of money, and imagined how live could look if we do it differently, choosing to still participate in this crippled system feels like lying to myself and others.
    + Experience of receiving and giving something from warmth of heart or even just from simple awareness of outcome and care about this outcome feels very alive, recalling of dry, impersonal, often dishonest relations in surroundings where people focus on playing this money game just feel completely unattractive and unwelcome.

--
Find out more about my work in local money systems
Brief bio and articles on shareable.net

Alex Rollin

Aug 16, 2012, 11:35:55 AM8/16/12
to api-for...@googlegroups.com
new books about money from other people who know stuff about money

my own mission:

2 attibutes - peering, and accumulation

inside any context (resources/people/environment/culture/interior) I pay attention to my drive to "be/have/do equal" and to "be/have/do more".

it kinda helps me keep my head straight.  there are times when one is stronger. most of the folks talking right now are in europe and america.

i am from america, but i live in indonesia at the moment.  it's strange here.  most people do get by with little or no money. they sure do want more, though!