Fwd: CHIRLA LA Rapid Response - "Not One More Dollar" Sept. 19th Action

1 view

Anthony Ng

Sep 9, 2019, 2:21:02 PM9/9/19
to api-f...@googlegroups.com
fyi incase your org is interested in attending.

Anthony Ng
Pronouns: He, Him, His
Policy Manager, Immigrant Rights
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles

1145 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90017
T: (213) 977-7500 (213) 977-7500 x 238
F: (213) 977-7595
advancingjustice-la.org
Building upon the legacy of the
Asian Pacific American Legal Center

All:

Our CHIRLA LA Raids Rapid Response Network and partners would like to invite you all to attend our September 19th rally & die-in at the GEO Group headquarters! We will urge the House and the Senate to rein in an out-of-control DHS. This agency has stopped being accountable to the people whose taxes fund its operations. Recently, DHS transferred $155 million from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to ICE. DHS also informed. DHS also said it would transfer around $116 million for ICE detention beds, as well as transportation and deportation. Every dollar added to DHS’s budget goes to private companies like Geo Group Inc. to continue the abuse and neglect of imprisoned children, families, and LGBT people. We invite you to join us as we rally at GEO Group Inc, and listen to testimonies of previously detained immigrants.

Date: Thursday, September 19th 2019
Time: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Location: GEO Group Inc. (6100 Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90045)

Please share our flyers and facebook event with your members, staff, and networks! Below is our flyer.

FINAL - Not1Dollar Flyer.jpg

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 09/09/19, 11:19:29 AM
FINAL - Not1Dollar Flyer.jpg