Fwd: GoFund Me for Amrit - Oral Surgery & DACA Renewal

1 view

Anthony Ng

Sep 11, 2019, 7:23:13 PM9/11/19

Forwarding this in case folks are able to help Amrit!

-anthony

*apologies for cross-posting*

Hello all,

I hope y'all are having a good Tuesday and are pacing yourself. ^_^

I'm reaching out to share a gofund me from one of our members. Please take some time to read her story, share and donate (if you have the capacity). Any support you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

VENMO: Amrit-Kaur-10

Hey y'all!

My name is Amrit. I am an undocumented, queer, South Asian womxn residing in Los Angeles.
I am posting this for DACA renewal + Oral Surgery needs.
I am in need of medical funds for the second stage of my oral surgeries (meaning this money I am raising is NOT for further surgeries, just ONE of them... #UShealthcare). I will have to spend an additional $6-8k next year on the 3rd/4th phase before braces. I had my very first biopsy in June but could not finish the surgery due to lack of funds and have a serious health concern if I don't get my surgery done by December 2019.

I've been primarily unemployed this summer, with freelance work here and there (just enough to not drown and pay my bills) but I have not been able to save up as much as I needed to. My surgery itself will cost close to $4k but I have saved a bit for it and need only a little over $3k for it and $495 for my DACA renewal that's due in October 2019.

Because of multiple institutional barriers and expensive health care needed for my surgeries, I have not been able to get the medical attention or care I've needed for over 3 years now until things have gotten really BAD this summer and I have no other choice. I have been everywhere from UCLA Health, to LAC + USC, to even the Bay area in search of pro bono surgeons & all leads I have gathered were fruitless for the past 3 years.

I've tried my best to do this on my own and now I realize that I need community support.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT! <3

In community,
--
RJ Ronquillo
UPLIFT Organizer

1145 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90017
T: (213) 977-7500 x884
F: (213) 977-7595
advancingjustice-la.org
Building upon the legacy of the