Register a new HTTP STATUS code

miqui

Nov 23, 2020, 1:28:12 PM11/23/20
to API Craft
hi Community,

What would it take to register a new http status code ? Can some one point me to the process? (probably submitting an RFC to ietf)

..thanks..
Miguel

sune jakobsson

Nov 23, 2020, 2:45:52 PM11/23/20
to api-...@googlegroups.com
The instructions are here: https://www.ietf.org/standards/process/
The challenge is to get support, and finance attendance at the meetings.

Sune

miqui

Nov 23, 2020, 3:06:31 PM11/23/20
to API Craft
..thanks Sune... that what i thought....

what do you mean by
>> and finance attendance at the meetings

..thanks..

sune jakobsson

Nov 23, 2020, 3:48:03 PM11/23/20
to api-...@googlegroups.com
To get support during meetings you need to lobby a good chunk of people ahead of time, or show up at the meetings in person

Erik Wilde

Nov 24, 2020, 1:58:37 PM11/24/20
to api-...@googlegroups.com, miqui
On 2020-11-23 10:28, miqui wrote:
> What would it take to register a new http status code ? Can some one
> point me to the process? (probably submitting an RFC to ietf)

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:erik....@dret.net |