API design and external docs

miqui

Dec 4, 2018, 9:00:54 AM12/4/18
to API Craft
hi folks,

..while designing APIs and documenting with Swagger/OAS, i also like to include externalDocs for additional supporting docs.... any thoughts and/or use cases around this?

..thanks in adv

rgds,
Miguel

Onezino Gabriel Moreira

May 21, 2019, 9:04:15 AM5/21/19
to API Craft
Do you try Apiary ? It`s awesome

Derric

Feb 5, 2020, 1:27:56 PM2/5/20
to API Craft
We had really good success using Jekyll static generator. We just import the remote GitHub README.md files directly so we don't have to maintain too many copies.
If you're looking more for an API reference section, there is also an open source project called Slate that creates the beautiful 3-column (Stripe like) API reference using a static generator called middleman.

miqui

Oct 26, 2020, 10:44:46 AM10/26/20
to API Craft
..thanks Onezino... tried Apiary...indeed it is awesome...

rgds,
Miguel

miqui

Oct 26, 2020, 10:45:48 AM10/26/20
to API Craft
..thanks Derric... tried slate, pretty cool too....

rgds,
Miguel