Books for $1--daily devotions--angelic battles

Jason Sizemore

Apr 16, 2010, 2:17:21 PM4/16/10
to apex-publicatio...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I'm here with three new announcements that is worth your time.

First, all Apex eBooks at Smashwords are on sale for $1. The great thing about Smashwords is that they provide their books in nearly every format available.

Second
, I wanted to let you know that we are trying something new with the launch of Dark Faith. This is one of my favorite projects to date and we have big hopes for it.

To get our readers psyched for the launch we are running a series of interviews called ‘Devotions’ with many of the contributors of Dark Faith. Look for an interview a day leading up to launch day (and hey, if we get enough contributor participation, on past launch day!). I want you to leave comments, ask questions, engage with the contributors. Dark Faith explores a sometimes volatile (but never boring) subject: that of faith. I’m sure there will always be some aspect of it to discuss with each author.

Today, we began the series with Alethea Kontis. What better way to begin a set of interviews than with a NYT bestselling author and world famous genre chick?

Saturday, we’ll continue with Campbell Award-winning and Hugo-nominated author Mary Robinette Kowal.

And don’t forget, you can pre-order Dark Faith from our online store 24/7.

Third, we’re pleased to announce that we’re now taking pre-orders for the second book in Sara M. Harvey’s Penumue trilogy, The Labyrinth of the Dead.

Imogen is all that matters.

After rescuing her lover from the forces that trapped her in The Convent of the Pure, Portia Gyony has lost Imogen once again to the darkness that surrounds them. The only way to reunite is to walk through the shadow-worlds of the dead and bring Imogen back to the body that awaits her—a journey no nephilim was meant to take.

Still seeking out the boundaries of her own power, Portia descends into a realm where all trade is in souls and the machinations of the world itself are coming undone. Her quest for Imogen becomes a battle of angels and demons, where clockwork warriors and shattered souls battle to keep the shadows of the dead from bleeding into the land of the living. The cost of saving one world from the other may be the sacrifice of Portia’s lover once again.

We’re running pre-order deals for those new to the series and for those who already own book one. Visit the product page for The Labyrinth of the Dead for more information.

Till next time,

Jason S.
Apex Book Company - Dark SF, Fantasy, and Horror
http://www.apexbookcompany.com