Apex Magazine Feb 2010 issue now posted

1 view

Jason Sizemore

Feb 2, 2010, 8:59:37 AM2/2/10
to apex-publicatio...@googlegroups.com

This month’s free offering includes the following:

“The Lady or the Tiger” by J.M. McDermott

Many years ago, when I was a boy of only ten, I was in a terrible crash on the cliffs south of Io Town, where nights are a deep tundra freeze and afternoons are as hot as a summer on the long plains. Even now, I close my eyes and I can still see Sheila’s face just before she was crushed under two thick layers of plasteel.

“p.a. chic” by Tobias Amadon Bengelsdorf

The battery is a big one, a nice big red one, enough to run the ceiling fan and the turntable at the same time, as long as the fan is on low. And that’s fine. It’s enough of a breeze and doesn’t kick up too much dust that way. Ash, his wife called it, we’re covered in ash. He thought the word lacked a certain creativity.

“The Killing Streets” by Colin Harvey

YouGov’s SnarkWatch site showed the locations of each Snark attack. Theory was that they returned to the scenes of their previous kills, and that people who travelled by the same route all the time were more likely to be attacked. But no-one knew for sure, even now, a decade after Animal Lib warriors mistakenly let them out of Orton Industries’ bio-research labs instead of the mink and chinchillas they’d targeted. That the liberators had signed their own death warrants had been scant consolation to the thousands of victims since.

As always its free (though we do accept Apex army members!) and as always the latest issue can be found at www.apexbookcompany.com/apex-online.

Apex Book Company - Dark SF, Fantasy, and Horror
http://www.apexbookcompany.com