Featured as 'Aqua Guard' by Indian Express, and recent articles!

Ranjan Panda

May 23, 2016, 3:33:04 AM5/23/16
to Ranjan Panda
Dear Friends/Co-sailors,

Greetings!

I am happy to inform you that one of India's leading English newspapers The New Indian Express has featured me in its Sunday (15th May) Magazine Cover Story titled 'The Aqua Guards.'

The magazine has to say the following in this feature:

Ranjan Panda, known as the ‘Water Man of Odisha’, knew long ago of the impending trouble. He had given the state government statistics about the impacts of climate change. “In 2006, we had warned that the state’s lands are degrading at an alarming rate and the water crisis may go out of proportion. In 2015, we had said 2016 may become the hottest year ever,” says Panda, adding that the warnings were taken casually.

Panda, who founded Water Initiatives Odisha (WIO), has pioneered the revival of traditional surface water harvesting bodies in several drought-prone villages of the state. He believes water harvesting is the key to solving Odisha’s water scarcity...

You can find further details of the Cover Story at the following link:

I am also taking the opportunity to share with you three of my recent articles, published in the Deccan Herald, Urban Update and the Big Wire respectively.

1. Managing the heat wave

Please find the complete article at:

2.
24 x 7 Water Supply: A distant dream for Indian Cities

This article, published in the April 2016 issue of Urban Update.  Since I have no link to the article as yet, attaching herewith a photocopy of the same.

This article also formed part of my talk at the 3rd South Asian Cities Summit organised at Delhi by the same organisation.

3.
Drought management: Going beyond knee-jerk response

Please read the detailed article at the following link:

Look forward to listen from you and your continued support/encouragement.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

--
Ranjan K Panda

Convenor, Water Initiatives Odisha (WIO)
Convenor, Combat Climate Change Network, India
Mahanadi River Waterkeeper (Member, Global Waterkeeper Alliance)

Tweet @ranjanpanda
Tweet @MahanadiRiver

Skype: ranjan.climatecrusader

Blog: http://www.climatecrusaders.blogspot.com/

Fighting water woes, combating climate change...more than 25 years now!
My Article on 24x7 water supply in Urban Update - April 2016.jpg