Hai APECians--- I am a new APECian & happy to note many ideas on plastc bags free environment

RAGHU RAMI REDDY N

Sep 16, 2009, 7:05:40 AM9/16/09
to apenvc...@googlegroups.com
Hai APECian Ranga Prasad M

Nice to see your idea as APECian.

To give a small introduction, I am Lion N Raghu Rami Reddy & recently also APECian through
the AP FOREST dept suggestion.

Recently, we have started  HABSIGUDA GREEN ENVIRONMENT MOVEMENT (HGEM)
with the Aim , To promote effective creation of Green Environment in & around Habsiguda for Health and Good Life

Our Objectives are,
I) To keep the surroundings clean and free from Dry & Wet waste material.

2) To dispose the kitchen garbage through the Garbage Collection Rickshaw only

3) To prevent waste & overflow of Drinking water

4) To grow at least 10 plants in the premises of each home.

5) To avoid the polythene non-biodegradable carry bags and encourage use of  Cloth / Jute bags.

As we are trying hard about the plasic bag free area,
we feel, about your activity of Street Rallies as mentioned in APEC Mail is also more communicative.

Hence i look forward to for some suggestions from your end for any rally in our Street #8,
to impress upon the residents of this area.

APECian & Lion N Raghu Rami Reddy
convener :  HGEM
9949467298

Jayaprakash Nambaru

Sep 16, 2009, 8:58:48 AM9/16/09
to apenvc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Raghu Ram,

       Welcome to APEC. We are happy to see a different angle/role among the group. Wish you all the best and we can be in touch!
Regards,
Jayaprakash Nambaru
9866396569
www.premaalayam.in

Change Begins With Us.

350 Ranga Prasad M

Sep 16, 2009, 11:33:16 AM9/16/09
to apenvc...@googlegroups.com
Raghu Ram garu namasthe,

We IYCNians are busy with programs fixed already. But we can give you all the material used for rally and can send 2 or 3 leaders to guide you. Please build a small network in your area. You can collect the material on Sep 27th at Nethaji nagar colony if you can present for plastic festival.

Thanks and Regards 350

Ranga Prasad
+91-9490121212

rangapras...@yahoo.co.in
rangapras...@gmail.com
rang...@hotmail.com
skype   rangaprasad9
http://www.facebook.com/rangaprasad
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#profile.aspx?uid=13670487207037820385
http://www.green-hyderabad.com

--- On Wed, 16/9/09, Jayaprakash Nambaru <gogreen...@gmail.com> wrote:

From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

RAGHU RAMI REDDY N

Sep 16, 2009, 10:41:24 PM9/16/09
to apenvc...@googlegroups.com
Hai APECian Ranga Prasad
Good Morning
Thank you very much for the quick reply & spontaneous support mentioned.

I will be happy to receive the material & those leaders.
we are propagating our objectives and also enrolling the members( no membership fees) in our colonies.

Just for your information, I will be out of station to Bangalore for next week from Sunday  20th to 30th Sep.
Immediately after coming back i will inform you.
Can i contact you over Cell?

If possible:, i can collect the material before Sunday. pl let me know :).
otherwise, after my coming.

APECian & Lion N Raghu Rami Reddy,
9949467298

Tony Langham

Sep 16, 2009, 3:48:43 PM9/16/09
to apenvc...@googlegroups.com
Ragu,
Great idea, now all that's needed is for 1000 other villages to replicate it ASAP. I am hoping to start a group on http://transitionindia.ning.com  that will only deal with all environmental matters in India.
The main iniative will be getting rid of all plastic bags and stopping the burning of all waste; these are the 2 main things that can be addressed easily as there are already many groups and individuals that agree with these ideas. I think that Kerala has already done something about plastic bags.
I need 50 persons to launch this group; there are alreday people that want to so anyone you know that has a deal of knowledge or is a qualified person with environmental experience please let me know asap.
Tony Langham
A.P.E.C member / England

silent

Sep 18, 2009, 1:56:31 AM9/18/09
to APEC
Raghu Ram

The objectives selected are laudable.

If only the kitchen garbage can be pooled up seperately and
transformed into compost and used within the colony as a manure in the
gardens, that would make a huge environmentally positive difference
and set a very good precedent for others across the quadcities to
enumerate. This small step (but big initiative) could potentially
revolutionise urban solid waste management across India.

R P Rammohan