Problems with New APE Server with TCPSocket

Gino

Apr 28, 2015, 9:32:39 AM4/28/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We currently have one server using APE v 1.1.1 in production. I am now trying a new machine with the latest version v1.1.2.
I compiled the source on Ubuntu 14.04 and installation was successful and APE is now running.
To test, I replaced the production server with this new test server, using all the same network configuration while the old one was temporarily disconnected.
I used the ape-jsf/Tools/Check/index.html page to test APE and tests have passed.

I also used a modified version of this TCP sample code located on this page for testing: https://github.com/APE-Project/APE_Server/wiki/JS-TCP---socket
Instead of opening to google.com I open a socket to a local IP address

    client.addEvent('ready', function() {
          console.log("hoi");
          var socket = new TCPSocket();
          socket.open('192.168.5.170', 11506);
          socket.onopen = function() {
              console.log('connected');
          }
          socket.onread = function(data) {
              var e = document.getElementById('output');
              e.innerHTML = data;
          }
          socket.onclose = function() {
              console.log("closed");
          }
      });

But I get an error in Pipe.js:61

Cannot read property 'pubid' of undefined.

192.168.5.170:11506 is already added in the modules/conf/proxy.conf

and all other settings are identical to the production server.
When I return the production server the code above works fine with no errors.

Could anybody help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Louis Charette

Jun 9, 2015, 10:01:55 PM6/9/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Did you find a solution? It seems to me the error you get from « pipe.js » is unrelated to the TCP socket code…

  - Louis

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.