How do you know which particles collided with each other??

hgarcia_101685

Nov 11, 2009, 6:56:11 PM11/11/09
to APE General
I'm working on a game using APE in which you shoot a gun out a tank
and try to hit certain objects. How can I check to see what object is
colliding with the bullet particle. I know how to check for collision
within a Group, however I would like to know exactly what particles
are colliding with each other. I have read through the documentation
and have not found anything to do this. Or can anyone give me an idea
for an algorithm that can do this. Thanks a lot!

josh.en

Nov 12, 2009, 5:00:00 PM11/12/09
to APE General
I'm wondering the same thing. I just found this library today and have
been playing with it.

It looks like there used to be a CollisionEvent class and collisions
were called out, but now the class and it's calls are gone.

How are we supposed to be able to know when collisions occur?

JonathanR

Nov 20, 2009, 11:58:38 AM11/20/09
to APE General
I simply added an "id" property to the abstract article class. I think
that something like that needs to be built in anyway.

hgarcia_101685

Nov 25, 2009, 4:37:28 PM11/25/09
to APE General
by adding an "id", do you mean altering the original APE Library or is
there such a property already built into APE?
I've figured out a way of working around this but it involves complex
geometry and math, so It would be cool if I found an easier
solution.