APE Android Physics Engine?

Michiel

Feb 11, 2010, 6:42:51 PM2/11/10
to APE General
Hi all,

Sorry to imply that APE stands for anything else than ActioScript
Physics Engine but that is what I am aiming for; a modified version of
the Java port suited to perform fast on the Android platform.

Right now I do not know (this is the first time handeling code under
license instead of LGPL) how to go about publishing this code. I am
considering starting a new code.google page and see how well the port
goes.

The bulletpoints for optimization are these:
-Remove object allocation at simulation time by pooling frequently
created objects
-Reduce the use of floating point math (that includes doubles) or even
replace them entirely with fixed point math
-Fix the virtual method calling
-Generally do everthing along the lines of this guide:
http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/design/performance.html

I anyone wants to help out they are very invited and I will try to
speed up the bootstrapping.

Michiel

Feb 23, 2010, 3:32:10 AM2/23/10
to APE General