Vector class

Gregor

Oct 18, 2009, 6:54:11 AM10/18/09
to APE General
I'm relatively new to ActionScribt 3.0 and am having problems using
your vector class. Since the vector is already defined as a predefined
object it threats every constructor as the default object which is a
container and not apes vector a math entity. How do I fix this?
(thinking of renaming everything in the source;) )

Thanks

Paul Palladino

Oct 18, 2009, 9:21:30 AM10/18/09
to ape-g...@googlegroups.com
Gregor,

I have seen people in this group pass around a re-written version of APE. I would poke around this group a bit and try to track it down.

Paul Palladino

Jack Punt

Oct 18, 2009, 11:33:52 PM10/18/09
to ape-g...@googlegroups.com
You mostly need to be careful with your 'import' statments.
or fully qualify the class name when necessary: org.cove.ape.Vector  is distinct from AS default Vector

Attached is the org.come.ape.Vector that I was using...
It Inherits from flash.geom.Point which makes some things easier.
Vector.as

mobil

Dec 5, 2009, 3:28:22 PM12/5/09
to APE General
can alex cove add this to ape or update ape so it works with cs4 and
flash 10 and does not collide with the native vector class

On Oct 18, 7:33 pm, "Jack Punt" <jpjj05-fo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You mostly need to be careful with your 'import' statments.
> or fully qualify the class name when necessary: org.cove.ape.Vector  is distinct from AS default Vector
>
> Attached is the org.come.ape.Vector that I was using...
> It Inherits from flash.geom.Point which makes some things easier.

nudnic

Dec 8, 2009, 12:58:47 AM12/8/09
to APE General
I managed to get everything working by opening all of the files in the
class library and doing a find and replace: Vector for VectorPoint.

--M