WP and phpmyadmin requirements

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 5, 2022, 2:07:43 PM10/5/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Word Press (my nightmare :D) complains this:

The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been disable

Phpmyadmin complains this:

L'estensione mcrypt è mancante. Controlla la tua configurazione di PHP.

I'm running this build: https://smedley.id.au/tmp/php-7.4.32-os2-debug-20221002.zip

Any help?

thanks

massimo

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 5, 2022, 4:16:22 PM10/5/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <c017a5c9-9d59-299f...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/05/22
at 08:07 PM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it> said:

Hi Massimo,

>The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.

TTBOMK, Paul never built imagick for 7.4.

>Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been disable

Did you load it? Check your php.ini.

>Phpmyadmin complains this:

>L'estensione mcrypt è mancante. Controlla la tua configurazione di PHP.

I don't think Paul built mcrypt for 7.4 or 8.1.

Use

php -m

to see what you have loaded. For more verbose results, use

php -c. -f d:\internet\apache24-data\mydocs\phpinfo.php

adjusting the phpinfo.php path as needed.

Steven

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Steven Levine" <ste...@earthlink.net> Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 5, 2022, 5:29:32 PM10/5/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
Il 05/10/2022 23:06, Steven Levine ha scritto:
> In <c017a5c9-9d59-299f...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/05/22
> at 08:07 PM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it> said:
>
> Hi Massimo,
>
>> The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
>
> TTBOMK, Paul never built imagick for 7.4.
>
>> Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been disable
>
> Did you load it? Check your php.ini.

oh, thanks
i activated it now

massimo

Paul Smedley

unread,
Oct 5, 2022, 5:53:39 PM10/5/22
to Apache OS/2
Hey guys,

I'll look at building imagick for PHP 7.4, and mcrypt for PHP 7.4 and 8.1

Cheers,

Paul

From: Steven Levine <ste...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, 6 October 2022 06:46
To: apa...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Apache/2] WP and phpmyadmin requirements

In <c017a5c9-9d59-299f-df4...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/05/22
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Apache for OS/2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to apache2+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/633df1e2.10.mr2ice.fgrirsq%40earthlink.net.

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 6, 2022, 1:37:55 AM10/6/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
thanks a lot

massimo

Il 05/10/2022 23:53, Paul Smedley ha scritto:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'll look at building imagick for PHP 7.4, and mcrypt for PHP 7.4 and 8.1
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Steven Levine <ste...@earthlink.net>
> *Sent:* Thursday, 6 October 2022 06:46
> *To:* apa...@googlegroups.com
> *Subject:* Re: [Apache/2] WP and phpmyadmin requirements
>
> In <c017a5c9-9d59-299f...@ecomstation.it
> <mailto:-9d59-299f-df4...@ecomstation.it>>, on 10/05/22
> at 08:07 PM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it <mailto:m...@ecomstation.it>> said:
>
> Hi Massimo,
>
> >The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
>
> TTBOMK, Paul never built imagick for 7.4.
>
> >Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been disable
>
> Did you load it? Check your php.ini.
>
> >Phpmyadmin complains this:
>
> >L'estensione mcrypt è mancante. Controlla la tua configurazione di PHP.
>
> I don't think Paul built mcrypt for 7.4 or 8.1.
>
> Use
>
> php -m
>
> to see what you have loaded. For more verbose results, use
>
> php -c. -f d:\internet\apache24-data\mydocs\phpinfo.php
>
> adjusting the phpinfo.php path as needed.
>
> Steven
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Steven Levine" <ste...@earthlink.net <mailto:ste...@earthlink.net>> Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
> www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Apache for OS/2" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> apache2+u...@googlegroups.com <mailto:apache2+u...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/633df1e2.10.mr2ice.fgrirsq%40earthlink.net.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Apache for OS/2" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> apache2+u...@googlegroups.com <mailto:apache2+u...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/dcae8c5e-fe14-47a3-a938-cce6cfea250b%40smedley.id.au
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/dcae8c5e-fe14-47a3-a938-cce6cfea250b%40smedley.id.au?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Paul Smedley

unread,
Oct 6, 2022, 4:18:31 AM10/6/22
to Apache OS/2
Hey All,

PHP 7.4.x
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagick-3.7.0-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip

PHP 8.1.x
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagick-3.7.0-php-8.1-os2-20221006.zip
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-php-8.1-os2-20221006.zip

Note: these are untested by me...

Cheers,

Paul.

On 6/10/22 08:23, Paul Smedley wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'll look at building imagick for PHP 7.4, and mcrypt for PHP 7.4 and 8.1
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Steven Levine <ste...@earthlink.net>
> *Sent:* Thursday, 6 October 2022 06:46
> *To:* apa...@googlegroups.com
> *Subject:* Re: [Apache/2] WP and phpmyadmin requirements
>
> In <c017a5c9-9d59-299f...@ecomstation.it
> <mailto:-9d59-299f-df4...@ecomstation.it>>, on 10/05/22
> at 08:07 PM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it
> <mailto:m...@ecomstation.it>> said:
>
> Hi Massimo,
>
> >The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
>
> TTBOMK, Paul never built imagick for 7.4.
>
> >Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been
> disable
>
> Did you load it? Check your php.ini.
>
> >Phpmyadmin complains this:
>
> >L'estensione mcrypt è mancante. Controlla la tua configurazione di
> PHP.
>
> I don't think Paul built mcrypt for 7.4 or 8.1.
>
> Use
>
> php -m
>
> to see what you have loaded. For more verbose results, use
>
> php -c. -f d:\internet\apache24-data\mydocs\phpinfo.php
>
> adjusting the phpinfo.php path as needed.
>
> Steven
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Steven Levine" <ste...@earthlink.net
> <mailto:ste...@earthlink.net>> Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
> www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Apache for OS/2" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to apache2+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:apache2+u...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/633df1e2.10.mr2ice.fgrirsq%40earthlink.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apache2/633df1e2.10.mr2ice.fgrirsq%40earthlink.net>.
>
>

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 5:34:00 AM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com


Il 06/10/2022 10:18, Paul Smedley ha scritto:
> Hey All,
>
> PHP 7.4.x
> https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagick-3.7.0-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip

Hi Paul,

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.dll' (tried: d:/apache/modules\imagick.dll
(dlopen rc=2 extra=MAGICK), x:/apache/modules\imagick.dll.so (dlopen rc=2
extra=X:\APACHE\MODULES\IMAGICK.DLL.SO)) in Unknown on line 0

massimo

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 5:44:20 AM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com


Il 06/10/2022 10:18, Paul Smedley ha scritto:
> Hey All,
>
> PHP 7.4.x
> https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip

hi,

[07-Oct-2022 09:42:14 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'mcrypt.dll'

Lewis Rosenthal

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 8:04:08 AM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
It's a PHP module,not an Apache module... It needs to be in your PHP modules directory in order to be found by PHP...

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 11:01:27 AM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <b60fd734-d39d-c0a7...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/07/22
at 11:33 AM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it> said:

Hi Massimo,

>PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.dll'
>(tried: d:/apache/modules\imagick.dll (dlopen rc=2 extra=MAGICK),
>x:/apache/modules\imagick.dll.so (dlopen rc=2
>extra=X:\APACHE\MODULES\IMAGICK.DLL.SO)) in Unknown on line 0

imagick.dll cannot find your imagemagick installation in LIBPATH. Did you
forget to install it?

Steven

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Steven Levine" <ste...@earthlink.net> Warp/DIY/BlueLion etc.
www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 11:25:43 AM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <ebac977a-1f19-f240...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/07/22
at 11:44 AM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it> said:

Hi,

>> PHP 7.4.x
>> https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip

>[07-Oct-2022 09:42:14 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library
>(maybe not a PHP library) 'mcrypt.dll' in Unknown on line 0

For some reason, the DLL is missing the get_module entry point. This
applies to both the 7.4 and 8.1 builds.

Paul Smedley

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 5:15:51 PM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
Nope, it's missing magick.dll - which needs to be installed from one of
my imagemagick builds - link should be on my site.

Paul Smedley

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 5:30:57 PM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steven,

On 8/10/22 02:47, Steven Levine wrote:
> In <ebac977a-1f19-f240...@ecomstation.it>, on 10/07/22
> at 11:44 AM, "Massimo S." <m...@ecomstation.it> said:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> PHP 7.4.x
>>> https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-php-7.4-os2-20221006.zip
>
>> [07-Oct-2022 09:42:14 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library
>> (maybe not a PHP library) 'mcrypt.dll' in Unknown on line 0
>
> For some reason, the DLL is missing the get_module entry point. This
> applies to both the 7.4 and 8.1 builds.

I was missing a #define....

https://smedley.id.au/tmp/mcrypt-1.0.5-os2-20221008.zip includes php7.4
and php8.1 builds...

Cheers,

Paul

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 7, 2022, 6:59:45 PM10/7/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <d934baea-d837-a68a...@smedley.id.au>, on 10/08/22
at 07:45 AM, Paul Smedley <pa...@smedley.id.au> said:

Hi Paul,

>Nope, it's missing magick.dll - which needs to be installed from one of
>my imagemagick builds - link should be on my site.

I agree. Based on the error message, it appears that Massimo has
extension_dir set to X:\APACHE\MODULES.

My notes say the link is:

https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagemagick-6.8.9-8-os2-20141015.zip

The error message made me think that it might be worthwhile to tweak the
php7 build-defs.h from:

#define PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX "so"

to

#define PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX "dll"

like you aleady did for php8.

When you get a moment, please commit your php7 build_defs.h to the repo.

Thanks,

Massimo S.

unread,
Oct 8, 2022, 6:03:13 AM10/8/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
mcrypt on php 7.4.32 it works

thanks a lot

massimo

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 8, 2022, 10:56:35 AM10/8/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <d934baea-d837-a68a...@smedley.id.au>, on 10/08/22
at 07:45 AM, Paul Smedley <pa...@smedley.id.au> said:

Hi Paul,

FYI, running

https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagemagick-6.8.9-8-os2-20141015.zip

php reports

Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against ImageMagick version
1636 but version 1673 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave
surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

Is there a reason not to run 6.8.9.8? The ports page still lists 6.8.7-9.

Paul Smedley

unread,
Oct 8, 2022, 4:51:46 PM10/8/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steven,

On 9/10/22 02:22, Steven Levine wrote:
> In <d934baea-d837-a68a...@smedley.id.au>, on 10/08/22
> at 07:45 AM, Paul Smedley <pa...@smedley.id.au> said:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> FYI, running
>
> https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagemagick-6.8.9-8-os2-20141015.zip
>
> php reports
>
> Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against ImageMagick version
> 1636 but version 1673 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave
> surprisingly in Unknown on line 0
>
> Is there a reason not to run 6.8.9.8? The ports page still lists 6.8.7-9.

Try https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagick-3.7.0-os2-20221006.zip

I'll also look to spend some time in the near-ish future updating the
ports page...

Cheers,

Paul

Steven Levine

unread,
Oct 8, 2022, 8:02:12 PM10/8/22
to apa...@googlegroups.com
In <7148ac60-0c9e-14b9...@smedley.id.au>, on 10/09/22
at 07:21 AM, Paul Smedley <pa...@smedley.id.au> said:

Hi Paul,

>Try https://smedley.id.au/tmp/imagick-3.7.0-os2-20221006.zip

That quiets things down nicely.

FWIW, I don't think you intended the 20221006 timestamp.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages