Open Call | Artist in Residence 2024

Danny Butt

Jul 4, 2023, 3:52:52 AM7/4/23
to Asia Pacific Artistic Research Network

OPEN CALL | ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 2024 | DELHI NCR, INDIA

The Department of Art, Media and Performance invites applications for our Artist-in-Residence Program for the year 2024. Aligned with the educational ethos of Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence, our department follows a learner centric approach. Students and teachers collaborate as peers engaging in the production of knowledge through critical practice. Teaching takes the form of seminars, exhibitions, workshops and individual mentorship along with taught classes. The Artist-in-Residence Program reflects our aspiration to create a space that promotes experimental approaches to creative arts pedagogy.

Our first international resident, Merv Espina from The Philippines, joined us for a transformative three-month period in January 2023. During his residency, Espina immersed himself with his research, exploring artistic contexts in Delhi, Bangalore, Kochi and Kathmandu. Espina gave several talks across the city, enriching the creative community in Delhi, and cooked fabulous meals that took us on a culinary journey of the three Indies. Our students had the invaluable opportunity to engage deeply with his work and benefit from his insights and expertise.

We invite artists to immerse themselves in our vibrant community and contribute their unique perspectives and practices.

Please read our CALL FOR PROPOSALS attached to this email.

Also attached is the APPLICATION FORM.

Completed applications should be sent to Kamal Arora <kamal1...@snu.edu.in>

For further queries, please write to us at Programmes AMP <program...@snu.edu.in>

https://art.snu.edu.in/

--

Atul Bhalla

Professor and Head

Department of Art, Media and Performance

School of Humanities and Social Sciences

Shiv Nadar Institute of Eminence

Room 202  F Block

Phone-local: +91 120 2663801 ext 292

www.atulbhalla.com