ANN aospy v0.2 release

Spencer Hill

Sep 26, 2017, 1:16:36 PM9/26/17
to ao...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of aospy v0.2.  It is available on both PyPI and conda-forge:

conda install -c conda-forge aospy
pip install --upgrade aospy

This release includes some new features plus several bugfixes. New features include improved parallelized calculation submission via dask.distributed.  The bugfixes include some that previously made using aospy on pressure-interpolated data problematic.  See the release notes for more details.

As of this release, aospy has at least 2(!) confirmed regular users that aren't the original aospy developers, bringing the worldwide total of users up to at least 4. The first user-generated Github Issues have now also been created. We're a real thing!  Join us -- we're looking to continue this exponential growth.

Please see the official documentation, our mailing list, and/or our Github repo for more.  Thanks!

Best,
Spencer Hill