Help with SOUND

stephen RUTHERFORD

Mar 11, 2003, 3:32:02 PM3/11/03
Can anyone please help me.

I recently formatted my Compaq Laptop Hard drive and installed Windows XP
Pro. The problem is i have no sound, when i look in device manager i get a
yellow exclimation mark in Sound, video and game controllers, on this line:
Intel(r) 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller.
When i look at the status of this device it reads: This device cannot
start. (Code 10).

I tried to check in my bios to make sure it was turned on but my bios only
gives me a basic options so i cannot check to see if this is the problem???

Please Help.
Regards Steve. R.