illegal newsgroups?

David Wright

Nov 29, 2001, 5:10:40 PM11/29/01
I read in the news that people can be and were arrested for simply viewing
certain newsgroups. If certain newsgroups are illegal to view, why are they
available on our isp servers? Shouldn't the ISP be held liable for
providing access rather than the user for simply viewing them? I don't get
it but now I'm afraid to visit or view any newsgroups that may contain
questionable material of any kind. Does anyone know more about this?

Hastur

Dec 20, 2001, 8:56:29 PM12/20/01
Do you have the link? There's something that isn't sitting right with me
about this one.

"David Wright" <dwri...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

tribal...@earthlink.net

Dec 28, 2001, 2:42:43 AM12/28/01
On around Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:56:29 GMT, "Hastur" <has...@houston.rr.com>
posted this message in news:acc.sbell.usa-today.tech . . .

> Do you have the link? There's something that isn't sitting right with me
> about this one.

Sounds fishy to me, too. I know it hurts to download stuff you didn't want to
download and the only thing you can do is set filters so that you won't
download it again.