another SMTP server?

Sianie

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
Hi all,

I've just signed up to AOL.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to retirve my email from another SMTP
server whilst on the AOL connection.

I have my own mail server that i still need to have access to.

any help?

r,
Sianie

Adam Bailey

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
Sianie <xxxs...@rapsac.co.uk> wrote:

>I've just signed up to AOL.
>
>Can someone tell me if it's possible to retirve my email from another SMTP
>server whilst on the AOL connection.

First of all, that's a contradiction. SMTP servers are for sending mail, not
retrieving it. You likely have a POP3 or IMAP server.

>I have my own mail server that i still need to have access to.

You'll need to use a third-party mail client, such as Outlook Express.
Merely dial into AOL, set up the mail client, and use it.

Note followups, this newsgroup is invalid.

--
Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois
ad...@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP

Gmacz

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
minimize Aol and use outlook express etc