AOL auto exit

1 view

Michael

Jan 21, 2001, 5:23:25 AM1/21/01

Just like to say that after being stung with LineOne and then IGClick that
my first month on AOL was pretty good. Connections very good, sometimes a
little slow but for £14.99 per month it is reasonable - Just waiting for NTL
to give me NTLworld in my Ex-CW area.

Could anyone help me with this - I'm just using AOL as a dial-up - using IE
and OE for the web and email and using ADR as my mail server and Clara for
news, therefore AOL simply gives me the connection. Therefore does anyone
know of a setting in AOL or a program that will exit AOL for me. Might seem
a silly question but AOL connects on its own when you download mail from OE
or open IE, but when you try to shutdown the PC AOL disconnects but hangs
until you switch to AOL and click on "Exit AOL". Just wondered if this bit
could be automated.

Like I say I do not really have a problem with this - it is just the rest of
the family who can't get used to it.

One other thing related to above. When you connect to AOL through OE or IE,
AOL dials out and once connected leaves the AOL window anctive. Does anyone
know of a program that will minimise this window automatically, thereby
switching back to the previous active window?

Many Thanks

Michael