Twenty Years of Freethought Day (a retrospective)
Sunday, August 29, 2021, 02:00pm - 04:00pm
This year, California Freethought Day celebrates its twentieth anniversary, a milestone. Who expected it to come this far? (Not us!) But the catalyst for this annual celebration dates back hundreds of years.
Join David Diskin, chair of the California Freethought Day Planning Committee, in a retrospective that begins in 1692. He will talk about its shocking roots, the beginnings of Sacramento's celebration at the Sacramento Courthouse, and how it evolved into what it is today: the nation's largest annual event celebrating freethought.
This meeting will be by online videoconference.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do it just once; it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.) (Note, this is optional -- it just makes the teleconference a bit easier.)
- Moments before the meeting: Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89966739745?pwd=T1U5cVR2T005Q2RTNlhJcGhTUVlydz09. It will take you to a "Launch Meeting" Page. Click the blue button.
- If necessary, click the line that says Join from Your Browser.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own free Zoom account, but this is not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeting ID (it probably won't), the ID is 899 6673 9745.
- If it wants a passcode, the code is 460674.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.
Location : An online event see link above.
The Sac Freethought community has ideas in the works! Get to know fellow nonbelievers - social activities and community involvement await you. Share your ideas at https://www.aofonline.org/contact.html.