"Tell Us a Tale" - Join us this Sunday

1 view

Ken Nahigian

Feb 22, 2022, 7:19:19 PM2/22/22
to aofe...@googlegroups.com

Story TellingTell Us a Tale star star
Sunday, February 27, 2022, 2pm - 4pm
Location:  Sam's Hofbrau meeting room, 2500 Watt Ave, see map
Contact for details:  See https://www.aofonline.org/contact.html

Note, this is an in-person event.

“I remember when….”
Everybody has a story, maybe two -- events that make good telling, or awaken an attack of first-degree nostalgia. You know how it is. Perhaps a harrowing near-death by-your-skin escape, your first piano recital, or that time you awoke in a Mexican jail in a puddle of suspicious liquid.

So tell us! We invite you to the AOF Story Slam, so you can share it with your freethinker buddies -- tell us all about “it”.

5-7 minute stories or less, please. Unless it's really good. And your tale need not pertain to religion or atheism, though we won't mind if it does.

What, no story? Too shy? That's OK. Just come and listen to others. No pressure. Honest.

We’ll have a general talk-it-up afterwards so everyone will have a chance to comment on what they have heard. Oh, and if you empurple a bit, tell a tall tale, no one will know, ever.  Just saying.

Park free in the lot. Meet in the private room at the back about 2pm. Talk to begin at 2:30. Be sure to get snacks! Sac County mask requirements will apply (see https://dhs.saccounty.net/PUB/Documents/ME-HealthOrder20210729.pdf).