James Webb Space Telescope - A special presentation - This Saturday a t Reason Center

Ken Nahigian

May 19, 2023, 6:47:30 PM5/19/23
to aofe...@googlegroups.com
The Amazing James Webb Space Telescope -- A presentation by Barri BabowCo-sponsored by Atheists & Other Freethinkers and Sunday Assembly
Saturday, May 20, 2023, 01:30pm - 04:00pm (Doors open 1:30, talk begins 2pm)Location: Reason Center, 1300 Ethan Way, Ste 675, Sacramento, see map. The new James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) pushes the engineering and exploration of space a giant leap forward. We'll compare the JWST with its predecessor the Hubble Space Telescope and discuss what makes the JWST so special. We'll show some of the JWST images and explain what's groundbreaking about them.. Barri Babow is a long-time member of the Sacramento freethought community. She has a MS in Information Systems, a MA in History of Science, and a BS in Physics. After college, she briefly designed satellite software at Aerojet in LA before going to grad school where she taught in the Astronomy and Computer Science departments. Intel brought Barri back to her native Northern California where she's spent the last 20+ years working in IT at various companies. Contact for details: See our Contact PageA free event. We will provide drinking water. OK to bring personal snacks & beverages - or snacks to share as you wish.