Secular Student Alliance - free speaker series

Ken Nahigian

Sep 6, 2021, 2:18:08 PM9/6/21
to aofe...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Secular Student Alliance <s...@secularstudents.org>
Subject: Join Us - Speakers Series This Fall

All are invited to join us for our Fall Webinars.
View this email in your browser

Please join us for our monthly webinar series!

Register for one or all of our upcoming webinars this fall.   Everyone is invited to participate.

Street Epistemology One
Starting with the Basics

September 14
Anthony Magnabosco shares what Street Epistemology is, why people might find it useful, and get a rough understanding of how a decent exercise might go.
RSVP

Street Epistemology Two
Advancing The Practice

September 21
Anthony Magnabosco works with participants to critique a Street Epistemology example, identify interesting ethical challenges that come up.
RSVP

Combatting Christian Attacks on Trans Existence

October 12
A panel discussion on the strategies conservative Christian organizations have used to target gay and lesbian people and now trans people, current legislation targeting trans people, discrimination against trans people based on religious beliefs, and what secular people can do.  With Chrissy Stroop from Empty the Pews, Alison Gill from American Atheists, and Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen from the National Center for Transgender Equality.
RSVP

A Progressive Vision for Religious Liberty

November 9
Liz Reiner Platt will discuss the progressive vision for religious liberty rights formulated by legal scholars and theologians in a report titled “All Faiths and None: A Guide to Protecting Religious Liberty for Everyone.” The report posits that policymakers have lost sight of the meaning and purpose of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious freedom, and offers guidance on what must be done to protect free exercise rights for all, not merely a favored few. Its recommendations are organized around a set of guiding principles: religious liberty must be neutral; noncoercive; nondiscriminatory; not absolute; democratic; and pluralistic.
RSVP

There has never been a better time to support the next generation of the secular movement.
Please join us in empowering students who hold secular values to grow and connect with other like-minded students. Together, we prepare these students to be leaders in their communities promoting the separation of religion and government, as well as working towards the creation of policies and laws that are based in reason, compassion, civility, and equity for all.

Monthly Donation
One-Time Donation
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Email
Copyright © 2021 Secular Student Alliance, All rights reserved.
Friends and Members of the Secular Student Alliance

Our mailing address is:
Secular Student Alliance
PO Box 411477
Los Angeles, CA 90041-8477