HumanLight/Solstice Party this Sunday - You're invited!

Ken Nahigian

Dec 12, 2023, 3:23:58 PM12/12/23
to aofe...@googlegroups.com

HumanLight/Solstice Party starstar
Sunday, December 17, 2023, 12 noon - 2:30 pm
Location:  Reason Center, 1300 Ethan Way, Rm 675, Sacramento,  map at https://goo.gl/maps/RwiUgEJ5ESHRhrPu8

It's a party, a party, a party. The annual HumanLight/Winter Solstice celebration is a chance to celebrate humanist ideals: reason, compassion, hope, science, kindness, joy and civil community.

And food of course. It will include a potluck, music, songs, games and socializing. So what do you bring? Something tasty for the potluck, your appetite, and a smile. Ugly holiday sweaters are optional. Just be ready for secular fun. The event is family-friendly, so beautiful kiddos are welcome.

* The Potluck: Bring your favorite dish to share. Let it be food already prepared and ready to serve, and include serving utensils please. BYO beverage too. We provide plates, bowls, utensils, napkins, drinking vessels and hot coffee. Alas, no kitchen facilities or electrical outlets are available.

* The Charity Drive: As usual we will collect nonperishable food and other necessities for two local charities, the River City Food Bank and the Sacramento Pet Food Bank (helping the pets of the homeless). Contributions encouraged but not required. This is a wonderful opportunity for the freethought community to come together and show their compassion and kindness for others in need in our local community.

* Live music: Jazzy instrumentals and get-down vocals in keeping with our happy celebration of solstice and HumanLight.

All donations accepted at the door. We will have boxes.

The HumanLight/Winter Solstice Party is for the entire Sacramento area freethought community. That's you. That's me. That's us!