Unsubscribing

ti...@nzbase.com

Apr 9, 2007, 10:34:07 PM4/9/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
Can I unsubscribe to this email group please?

I did not realise how many emails I would be receiving.

Thanks
Tina McTear

DEB GIBBONS

Apr 9, 2007, 10:42:03 PM4/9/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
I would like to unsubscribe too

deb Gibbons
MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify us by return e-mail and delete the document.  If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Barwon Health is
not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.

Craig Horn

Apr 9, 2007, 10:45:48 PM4/9/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com

Just curious, is anyone else getting a lot of emails from google groups, saying message pending, because I am, and they are spam.  I get more of those than I do discussion emails, which have actually been a bit thin I thought.

Craig Horn

Craig & Heather Pinel

Apr 9, 2007, 10:58:30 PM4/9/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com

I would also like to unsubscribe

Thankyou

Dale Rodgie

Apr 9, 2007, 11:55:18 PM4/9/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tina, Deb, Craig and Heather

You can unsubscribe from the ANZJFT Group by visiting the ANZJFT web site:

and clicking on the REMOVE ME FROM ANZJFT NEWS EMAIL LIST link.

This will open a new email in your email software. Just click on the Send button in your email software to send the email.

You will most likely get an email to confirm that you which to unsubscribe, just following the instructions in the email.

Dale Rodgie

Aziom Web Design

Phone:  +61 7 3252 1677

Fax:    +61 7 3252 0140

Mobile: 0416 268060

Email:  da...@aziom.com.au

Web:    http://www.aziom.com.au/

Yael Clark

Apr 10, 2007, 9:44:59 PM4/10/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
At present your account is set to receive "Individual emails". You would have have ticked that box when joining. However, if you are still interested in the discussions you can select to receive one email a day which is a daily digest of all the emails or you can elect to receive no emails and go to the website to view the discussion. These choices are made on the home page of the group under "My Account".
Yael.

Yael Clark

Apr 10, 2007, 10:06:54 PM4/10/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
Just to answer your question, Craig from Sale. I have not had any "pending message" emails. These should only go to a group moderator. Are you a moderator? I did get one SPAM email from a bogus subscriber inviting me to fund his worthy cause- no thanks! As I said, if you go to the website and read and post from there then you need not have any of these emails in your inbox. As to the discussion being "thin"- it seems some people want fewer emails (less discussion) and some want more ("thicker" discussion). As a private practitioner after years of agency work I am feeling rather isolated from colleagues right now and I really appreciate online discussion and support so bring it on, I say!
Yael (Melbourne)

Craig Horn

Apr 11, 2007, 4:24:59 AM4/11/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com

Yes indeed, bring it on!  I am also a new practitioner with a background in agency work, and this is a great discussion to follow.  Just to be clear my comment about “thin” discussion was in relation to the number of responses as against the number of “spam” related messages I was receiving (which I have sorted out now – thank you).  Certainly not a comment on the quality and content, which is indeed meaty as has been noted.

As a new practitioner some of the points raised resonate, some are new and interesting.  I am a firm believer that both men and women have their unique issues that need to be acknowledged – yet there are so many to keep track of, and that’s before the personal and individual issues emerge!  I have struggled to make the transition from community agency social worker with a diversity of roles, to session based therapy in private practice.  But I still see the same gender and social issues.  As Robin and others have noted here, the issue of social construction of maleness, from the time we are little boys and enforced by males and females as we grow only for us to find that much of this is actually not helpful in managing feelings and relationship issues, is huge.  I often perceive that men I’m seeing are disempowered and genuinely unsure of what to do – and interestingly rather than try to play overt power games with me, such as Yael described, seem more likely not to come back because in spite of what I thought were my best efforts to be attentive and responsive, they feel they have not been listened too.  At this point their confusion often becomes mine... and so I look forward to the rest of the discussion!

Craig Horn, Sale

<BR

Yael Clark

Apr 11, 2007, 9:37:22 PM4/11/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
Seems like we are on the same page then (or should I say "screen"?). :) I have been thinking all day about how helpful a web-based group like this could be for private practitioners needing suggestions and debriefing. There's wealth of knowledge and potential peer-support out here in cyberspace.
Keep the idea sharing coming. I wonder what men need in order to feel "listened to"?  The traditional wisdom is that women need words and men need action. Does that apply here?Any thoughts on this?
Yael.

Yael Clark, Psychologist
www.supportingparents.com.au
ph: 0438 559 601

David Grace

Apr 11, 2007, 7:24:22 PM4/11/07
to ANZ...@googlegroups.com
>Keep the idea sharing coming. I wonder what men need in order to feel
>"listened to"? The traditional wisdom is that women need words and men
>need
>action. Does that apply here?Any thoughts on this?

I'm with you there Yael,

Being a man of course what I want is action ;)

I'd be really interested in hearing how people have worked successfully with
men, both in the consulting room, and also in less traditional environments.

I'd also be interested in participating in discussions about working with
men who are trying to come to grips with the socialization of themselves or
their sons and how they can work with the wonderful gifts that a man has as
his birthright in the most positive way.

http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3