repeated entry in functional enrichment groups--txt file

Drishti M

May 30, 2023, 2:54:50 PM5/30/23
to Anvi'o

Hi,

I am using anvio-7.1. I have 20 different samples from 3 groups mapped to the same contigs database. I obtain mostly same number of bins in each sample (because in theory they must each contain ideally 13-15 genomes). When I now try to map their functional enrichment across these bins using anvi-compute-functional-enrichment-across-genomes, I receive the following error:
Config Error: The entry name METABAT__1 appears more than once in the TAB-delimited file 'xx'. We assume that you did not do it that purposefully, but if you need this file in this form, then feel free to contact us so we can try to find a solution for you. But if you have gotten this error while working with HMMs, do not contact us since helping you in that case is beyond us (see the issue #1206 for details))
I assumed that each bin name if attributed properly to the sample name, should not create an issue because the sample names are unique, even if the bin names are similar (they had to be, because binning was done together for a merged profile db). The alternative options I was thinking about were:
a) do functional enrichment for 1 sample each time. But this is not possible with the merged profile.
b) do functional enrichment for single profiles mapped to respective contigs db. With a single profile, I am unable to do binning using anvi-cluster-contigs.

I read through the documents extensively, but I may have missed few details. Could you please suggest some solutions or maybe point out what am I doing wrong here? I appreciate your help.

Regards,
DM