Relative abundance

Julius Nweze

Feb 13, 2022, 1:35:13 PM2/13/22
to Anvi'o
Please, how can I get a relative abundance from anvio that is comparable to the relative abundance from amplicon sequence data? I am trying to compare the relative abundance from my anvio-7 MAG summary and my amplicon sequence data (both from the same sample source).

Julius Nweze

Feb 15, 2022, 7:22:34 AM2/15/22
to Anvi'o
How can I get the relative abundance of MAGs within a sample (not across all samples)? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Iva Veseli

Feb 15, 2022, 12:12:08 PM2/15/22
to an...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julius,

Have you tried looking at the bin_by_bin subdirectory from the output of ansi-summarize? https://anvio.org/help/7/artifacts/summary/

I think that should have the coverage data of each bin in each sample, from which you could calculate relative abundance.

Iva

Iva Veseli (she/her)
Graduate Student, Meren Lab
Biophysical Sciences Program
University of Chicago

--
Anvi'o Paper: https://peerj.com/articles/1319/
Project Page: http://merenlab.org/projects/anvio/

Julius Nweze

Feb 15, 2022, 3:56:04 PM2/15/22
to an...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.
Can I calculate it thus: Relative abundance = (mean coverage x reads length)/Total number of reads mapped to a sample?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Anvi'o" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anvio/4CF5DCF1-57CC-4462-AD2A-E5F386AB87EC%40uchicago.edu.

--
Nweze Julius Eyiuche
Biology Centre CAS

Phone Number: +420777326352
E-mail: julius...@bc.cas.cz or julipe...@gmail.com
Skype username: live:julipeale2001

Julius Nweze

Feb 23, 2022, 8:41:49 AM2/23/22
to an...@googlegroups.com
I am recalculating the relative abundance of my MAGs within a sample (earlier calculated it across the sample from anvio), and I have the mean coverage, MAG read length, percent recruitment and the total reads mapped in each sample. So, I am wondering how I can calculate the relative abundance within a sample. I have searched the literature but cannot find any info except "the number of reads mapped to a MAG divided by the total number of reads mapped to the corresponding sample."
--
Nweze Julius Eyiuche

Currently, a Guest Scientist at Max Planck Institute of Terrestrial Microbiology in Marburg, Germany

A PhD Student at the Biology Centre CAS, Soil and Water Infrastructure, Na Sádkách 702/7, 370 05 České Budějovice, Czech Republic

Area of Specialization: Studying microbial communities and host-microbiome interactions using stable-isotope coupled meta-omics techniques