anvi'o installation troubleshooting, WSL

Kyle Wolf

Apr 18, 2022, 3:17:29 PM4/18/22
to Anvi'o
Figured I'd put this here in case anyone else encounters a similar issue. I'm installing Anvi'o on Windows 10 with the linux subsystem.

I followed the installation instructions here: https://anvio.org/install/

After installing the prerequisites, I was unable to run pip without sudo and was getting an error about a missing module. Pip would run without issue before installing the list of prereqs on the installation page. If I ran pip with sudo, the installation would fail while attempting to build the wheel for pandas.

Ultimately, I was able to fix the issue by following the instructions here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68261254/conda-error-sysconfigdata-x86-64-conda-linux-gnu

I'm not sure why/how the issue occurred. I did not encounter it when setting anvi'o up on our lab server despite identical commands and a fresh conda environment, but hopefully this helps someone with a similar issue in the future.

A. Murat Eren (Meren)

Apr 19, 2022, 4:14:29 AM4/19/22
to Anvi'o
Thank you very much for reporting this, Kyle!
--

A. Murat Eren
 (Meren) | he/him

--