Fwd: 5th Pinoy Media Congress 2010 is at PUP - Please register now!!!

gwenn jessica galvez

Jan 5, 2010, 1:44:01 AM1/5/10
From: robert baldago <king...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM
Subject: 5th Pinoy Media Congress 2010 is at PUP - Please register now!!!
To: Ben Domingo <bend...@yahoo.com>, Betty Lou Peñera
Gwenn Galvez <gwennj...@gmail.com>, Hilly Ann Roa-Quiaoit
<hqui...@xu.edu.ph>, Ian Casocot <icas...@gmail.com>, imee marcos
<buk...@bulgar.com.ph>, Jaime Pilapil <pilap...@yahoo.com>, jan
rose Reyes <alexand...@yahoo.com>, Janess Ann Ellao
<janess...@gmail.com>, Janice Cave <news...@yahoo.com>, jean
tayag <jct...@gmail.com>, Jean Tayag <opp...@gmail.com>, jeanie
derillo <jder...@yahoo.com>, Jennifer Lim
<jennifer...@gmail.com>, Jennifer Ramos <lilha...@yahoo.com>

Philippine Association of Communication Educators Foundation Inc.

Unit 902 Annapolis Wilshire Plaza, 11 Annapolis Street, Greenhills San Juan City

SEC Registration No.: 0000124401

TIN No.: 286-941-847-000

5th PINOY MEDIA CONGRESS 2010 is at PUP, Sta. Mesa, Manila

coinciding with

PACE National Conference

Dear Deans, Chairs and fellow communication teachers:

We’re all set for PMC Year 5.  The Philippine Association of
Communication Educators Foundation (PACE) and ABS-CBN Broadcasting
Corporation have joined forces again to bring the Pinoy Media Congress
with the theme Politics, Media and Citizenship.  Mark the place and
the dates: 4- 6 February 2010 at Bulwagang Balagtas, NALLRC Bldg.,
Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Sta. Mesa, Manila.

The theme is timely as we all gear up for the May 2010 elections.  The
sessions will cover discussions on political advertising, politics and
the new social media, public opinion, the code of ethics in news
gathering, citizen journalism, political advocacy, presidential
profile, corporate social responsibility,  ratings 101, TV
entertainment and a yearly dialogue with ABS-CBN top management.

Other than top executives of ABS-CBN led by Chairman and CEO Gabby
Lopez, President and COO Charo Santos – Concio, Head of News and
Current Affairs and ANC Maria Ressa, print and broadcast journalists,
TV and movie personalities,  PACE is also inviting experts in
research, film, advertising and journalism from universities and media
organizations to give high-powered lectures and discussions.  Program
schedule will be out soon.

On February 6, 2010, special activities for students like ABS-CBN
studio tour, La Mesa Ecopark tour and Star Cinema Film Screening at
ABS-CBN’s Dolphy Theatre.

For teachers, you are invited to attend the PACE National Conference
on the 3rd day of the Congress.  The CHED Circular for the AB
Broadcasting, Journalism and Communication Curriculum (for
implementation SY 2010 – 2011) will be presented in the morning and
this will be followed by PACE business matters and fellowship in the
afternoon.

Pre-register now to reserve slots for your school delegation.  As in
the previous years, it will be on a first come, first served basis.
Congress fee is only Php500.00 inclusive of lunch and snacks for 2
days, PMC bag and ID.  For now, we have set a quota of 6 teachers and
20 students per delegation.  We may increase this depending on the
turnout; we will keep you posted.  Schools represented by members of
the PACE Board and PMC Organizing Committee have the option to send
bigger delegations in consideration of their valuable assistance to
this project.

Admission to the Conference and Congress are free to all PACE members
who have previously paid their 2009 annual membership due. But all are
encouraged to pay their annual membership dues for the SY 2010.  Those
who haven’t paid their dues last year or haven’t registered yet as
members are encouraged to sign up, pay php500.00 for membership fee
and Php100.00 for ID and attend the Conference –Seminar at no
additional cost.

For the provincial delegates, the Communication Foundation for Asia
(CFA) has available guest rooms and dormitories. You may get in touch
with Ms. Michelle Duzon at telephone numbers 713-2981-86/ 713-2972/
713-2732 or (0910) 6574065. CFA is just a few meters away from PUP.

Please accomplish the attached PMC School Reply Slip and send via
email to any of the following PACE Trustees -Prof. Robert M. Baldago,
PACE - Secretary  (king...@yahoo.com) or Prof. Josefina M.C. Santos,
PACE Assistant Secretary  (masay...@yahoo.com.ph) copy furnished
the following contact person.

For Metro Manila:               Prof. Portia M. Palma

Polytechnic University of the Philippines

                                                09085271729; 9204346;
raiy...@yahoo.com

For Luzon:                            Prof. Carlo Venson B. Peña

                                                First Asia Institute
of Technology & Humanities

                                                09206289411;
carlo...@yahoo.com

For Visayas:                         Dr. Wolfreda T. Alesna

                                                Visayas State University, Leyte

                                                09155087543; wolf...@yahoo.com

For Mindanao:                      Prof. Ma. Theresa Mendoza Rivera

Xavier University-Cagayan de Oro City

09175461952; mmri...@xu.edu.ph, rive...@yahoo.com

We encourage pre-Registration on or before January 22, 2010.  In order
to systematically account for Congress proceeds, payments maybe
deposited to Philippine Association of Communication Educators
Foundation Inc.  – MetroBank  - Katipunan, Quezon City Account No:
3093516452.  Kindly send us a scanned copy of the transaction receipt
by email and please bring the original deposit slip on the opening day
for proper validation and for the issuance of official receipt.

We anticipate your favorable response and unwavering support to PACE.
Let us be one in mind and purpose.

PACE be with you!

Respectfully yours,

FLORDELIZ L. ABANTO

President

5th PINOY MEDIA CONGRESS 2010 is at PUP.doc

gwenn jessica galvez

Jan 23, 2010, 9:14:34 PM1/23/10
to Anvil Publishing, anvil...@googlegroups.com
Rho Ann,
please request the payment for this and pls attach the MOA we sent
them. please also prepare a price list for this with the general
education, mass comm and english language titles

All Manila and Luzon KAS

please reserve two days each for this event.please give your sked to rho ann

thanks

gag