4.11.0 is out!

Terence Parr

Sep 4, 2022, 4:28:55 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi, please try 4.11.0 to see if it works for you.  Big Go target update, other stuff.

Working on updating various sites/tags etc…

Ter

Terence Parr

Sep 4, 2022, 4:55:17 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
damn. as usual, it’s too complex to just work.  final says tool says -SNAPSHOT.   I *think* i can try to repush after fixing and it’ll work within a few hours of first push.  OR, should i make 4.11.1 release real quick?

I hate build shit. :(  Suggestions?

Ter

Terence Parr

Sep 4, 2022, 6:02:58 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
grrr…pushed 4.11.1 let’s hope this works :)
Ter

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 4, 2022, 6:04:12 PM9/4/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
I can’t seem to find the nugget instructions, any clue ?

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 4, 2022, 6:07:08 PM9/4/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
found them, trying

Terence Parr

Sep 4, 2022, 6:08:14 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 4, 2022, 6:42:01 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I just fixed that stuff, we need to release from windows unfortunately
(fortunately we have a windows box !!!!)

4.11.1 is on nuget

I’m making very good progress on TypeScript, should have a pre version in a matter of days

Terence Parr

Sep 4, 2022, 7:38:32 PM9/4/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Great!  Are you coordinating with Mike L? I think he’s working on one too but if I remember correctly you guys are taking different approaches

Thanks for pushing out the c# version!

Ter

--
Dictation in use. Please excuse homophones, malapropisms, and nonsense.

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 4, 2022, 8:37:37 PM9/4/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
I don’t think Mike is still working on his approach, IIRC he mentioned it would be an enormous amount of work

Mike Lischke

Sep 5, 2022, 3:08:13 AM9/5/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

I don’t think Mike is still working on his approach, IIRC he mentioned it would be an enormous amount of work

Hey Eric, while it is true that a new target is quite some work, I did't say it's too much for me and I would stop working on it. I translated the full runtime a while ago already (https://github.com/mike-lischke/a4tstool/tree/master/runtime/org/antlr/v4/runtime), but a large part of that still needs clean up yet.

What's your approach on the TS target? Was it to take the JS runtime and add types to it?

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 5, 2022, 8:15:32 AM9/5/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
Hi Mike,

yes and I’m almost done.
sorry if I misinterpreted your comments.

Eric

Mike Lischke

Sep 5, 2022, 8:49:25 AM9/5/22
to 'ANTLR announcements
yes and I’m almost done.

Do you plan to make the JS complete? It's missing a number of classes from the Java runtime (and it uses a different file organization, which makes it tricky to compare). I guess your TS target is similar. Can I see your current TS target somewhere? I have not found it on Github.

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 5, 2022, 9:05:15 AM9/5/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
Making it complete is a somewhat different matter, and I welcome contributions.

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 5, 2022, 9:07:24 AM9/5/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
I think the java file organization could be improved, as follows:
 - only classes that are of direct interest to users at the top level
 - all the rest in sub-packages

Alessio Stalla

Sep 5, 2022, 10:16:57 AM9/5/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I understand this is not about ANTLR strictly, but would this new JS target be API-compatible with antlr4ts? We use, and have developed, TS libraries that are based on antlr4ts.

Eric Vergnaud

Sep 5, 2022, 11:59:39 AM9/5/22
to 'rtm...@googlemail.com' via antlr-discussion
It won’t be 100% compatible, but close enough that the amount of work required to migrate should be minimal.

Terence Parr

Sep 5, 2022, 1:04:20 PM9/5/22
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Howdy. I have moved the conversation to a discussion group at github... I've added comments over there and replayed the conversation for continuity.

Ter